Trusted Contributor

Direct tv now—now removes both NBC & CBS from my package?

So mad, I’m spitting nails. We had our local NBC affiliate taken off the first part of July due to a dispute over $$. Just realized that I’d missed watching Jeopardy for a couple of nights; go to turn the channel on and I get the same stinking message. That channel is now gone too! I’m ready to rip this equipment out, but we live in a rural area and I don’t think an antenna would pick up local channels. Guess I need to calm down before I call them. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Direct tv now—now removes both NBC & CBS from my package?

According to the next door message board, Direct TV has supplied some of my neighbors with interior antennas on which they get local channels when asked.  Me?  I pulled the plug 2 years ago and already have one that works great.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It’s all just so frustrating! 

Respected Contributor

I switched to Direct TV last year because of a promotion as my current provider was very high.  Well, the promotion ended a couple months ago and my bill has doubled and I am locked in for another year.  I was told at the time by the representative who was blanketing our neighborhood that it was a promotion but all I had to do when it ended was call and I would receive another promotional rate.  That was Lie #1.

I was lied to on 4 occasions by Direct TV personnel (perhaps from their lack of knowledge).  The only thing I like is a couple channels I think only Direct TV carries and DH likes them

I did try to get my cost reduced when the promotion ended and was told there currently were no promotions and I was transferred to the "Loyalty team) - No help there.  When I got my last bill, I was in just the mood to take them on again.  This time I think I had success with the "Retention Team" and a reduction of $40 per month.  We shall see on the next bill if that really happens or is just lie #5.

I'm not sure who is at fault with the affilates being taken off the lineup - if it is Direct TV or the affiliates being obstinate in negotiating prices, which it is all about.  Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.  No matter, when my locked in period expires, I am changing providers just on principle.

Valued Contributor

Yep, my NBC has been gone for weeks, and I just realized CBS was gone this weekend. Luckily I rarely watch these networks, especiallly in the summer when everything is reruns or alternate programming. It’ll eventually come back.

Honored Contributor

We got rid of Direct TV years ago.  I never liked it.  They're customer service was a pain too. We've since been with FIOS which runs a line directly in to our basement.  It's true fibre optics.  They can do that because the telephone lines are owned by Verizon.  Our Internet has amazing speed. 

Honored Contributor

I was in a hotel the last few nights in MA and the Direct TV there did not have ABC.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@joannecha @godi @What are we suppose to do?  So far I’m only missing NBC so after reading y’all’s posts I’m worried about more going away.  I’ve been calling and stay on terminal hold.  I don’t care about the money this is my only form of entertainment!  For real!!! I’m old and single and it’s too hot to go outside. I guess I’ll call around and see what else is out there but I hate change.

Grrrrrrrr...

Honored Contributor

My FOX station has been gone for weeks. I wonder how many more will be axed?? I do have an antenna on my TV, but it's a pita to have to switch over to antenna TV to watch whatever especially if I want to channel surf...you just cant do that.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'll never understand how they're still in business! I've never had Direct and never will but know others who have. I don't know how they get away with how they treat their customers. Scammers if you ask me! I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I'd be mad as hell too!