Super Contributor

Re: Diff'rent Strokes/ Facts of Life

Wow! The shows of my childhood. The actor that played Dudley (Arnokd'so friend) is still alive, as well as Danny Cooksey who played Sam (son of Mr. Drummond's wife). 

I remember watching Different Strokes every weeknight in the evening which were reruns and then on Saturday nights was the current season. Facts of Life was on every weekday in the morning then the most current ones on Saturday nights.

Super Contributor

Ugh!!! My spellcheck is annoying. Arnold was misspelled. Absolutely hate when that happens.

Esteemed Contributor

It's official. Who ever can write something original will rule the world. Facts of Life and Different Strokes recreated is worse than celebrity game shows. Cheap holiday break air filler and it shows.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@doolie wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

So, maybe Bridges will be making an appearance. 

Just found out Todd Bridges passed away in October from cancer.

He's not dead.

You are correct and I apologize.....I googled earlier and it popped up that he had passed. Fake news....

Respected Contributor

Maybe George Clooney will be the surprise guest on facts of life 

Respected Contributor

I didn't care for these shows when they were on originally so I won't be watching/recording the remakes.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Maybe George Clooney will be the surprise guest on facts of life 

Sure everyone would enjoy that. He was cute when he was on the show.

Just saw recently George turned down a one day job for 35 million.

Probably not a chance in a million, he would do this. But we shall see.

Honored Contributor

Facts of Life still airs weekday afternoons on Logo Channel for a few hours at a time. It was also on Antenna TV and so was Diff Rent Strokes but recently they removed both of them from their schedule. 

Honored Contributor

I never really watched Different Strokes, but did watch some of Facts of Life, although I won't watch tonight as I already watch The Resident, and For The People on Tuesday nights. Wonder why they are using adults to play the children's roles???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did find a few articles online about the use of adults in these kids parts. Norman Lear is behind tonights shows, he is 99. One I read said the Jimmy Kimmel commented to Kevin Hart one night that he would have loved to have seen him play the part of Arnold, that was one of the triggers to use adults. Kimmel is one of the producers tonite too.