Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you see CHER on AGT?

Dolly Parton is another lady who is amazing at 73. She can sing, dance, and tells the best stories. She's so real!

I love when she sings "Jolene" with Miley Cyrus.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Best that money can buy !

Dolly, is beginning to look like a wax figure.

Honored Contributor

I did see her.  She is fabulous!  Of course, she has had work done, but she still does look pretty much like herself --- so it's really good work!  And she works hard at maintaining her body.  I think more than anything -- it's her attitude.  She remains young, fun, spirited and intriguing.  Never got to see her in concert but have always been a big fan.  I was disappointed though that she did not perform one of her own songs.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Cher looked and sounded great....(however I couldn't help but notice the dancer in the green suit next to her Smiley Wink ).  It was a fun and entertaining blast from the past. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I did see her.  She is fabulous!  Of course, she has had work done, but she still does look pretty much like herself --- so it's really good work!  And she works hard at maintaining her body.  I think more than anything -- it's her attitude.  She remains young, fun, spirited and intriguing.  Never got to see her in concert but have always been a big fan.  I was disappointed though that she did not perform one of her own songs.  

I saw her in concert one time and it was as amazing as one might imagine!  I forgot the tour name.  Need to check my t'shirt. Smiley Very Happy

Also, some years prior, I saw her and Sonny performing at one of the clubs here.  It was well after their divorce.  In fact, at the end, she brought out little Elijah Blue and, of course, Sonny made some cracks and they did a good job making it fun.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Dolly Parton is another lady who is amazing at 73. She can sing, dance, and tells the best stories. She's so real!

I love when she sings "Jolene" with Miley Cyrus.

ITA about Dolly Parton.  I totally do NOT like country western music, but I do love her.  So many of her songs were just so wonderful.   'Coat of Many Colors' always makes me cry.  She really is a treasure.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I saw her in concert one time and it was as amazing as one might imagine!  I forgot the tour name.  Need to check my t'shirt. Smiley Very Happy

Also, some years prior, I saw her and Sonny performing at one of the clubs here.  It was well after their divorce.  In fact, at the end, she brought out little Elijah Blue and, of course, Sonny made some cracks and they did a good job making it fun.

@chickenbutt 

Oh, my goodness!  Amazing!  I am sure she was wonderful!  And getting to see them together --- that's just awesome. They were such a great duo -- loved, their music.  I am envious!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Cher looked and sounded great....(however I couldn't help but notice the dancer in the green suit next to her Smiley Wink ).  It was a fun and entertaining blast from the past. 

You, too, @phoenixbrd ?  Woman Wink

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.