Honored Contributor

Re: Did you hear the song Kathie Lee Gifford sang with Brett James?

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’ve always loved Kathie Lee and her singing voice, but I do not care for “He Saw Jesus.”  Singing about finding your husband dead on the floor with a big smile on his face is weird.  

Absolutely! She has a lovely voice but she has gotten pretty creepy in her advanced years. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

All I can say..... just beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather hear about someone die and see Jesus than so many other things that are sung about these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I’ve always loved Kathie Lee and her singing voice, but I do not care for “He Saw Jesus.”  Singing about finding your husband dead on the floor with a big smile on his face is weird.  

Well, I'm glad he had a smile on his face.  I was worried he might have looked distressed.

Trusted Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Well, I'm glad he had a smile on his face.  I was worried he might have looked distressed.

What I saw of Kathie Lee explaining how she found Frank was more of wonderment, not a big smile on his face. Our faces relax when we die. But it gave her joy to know he saw Jesus. : )

Trusted Contributor

What I found really incredible about Kathie Lee Gifford's performance at the WH for the tree lighting was her voice on a woman her age..no cracking, no flaws...so unlike singers who are younger who have to sing with tracks....Beyonce, Mariah, etc and yet there was Kathie Lee Gifford a 64 year old woman singing flawlessly.  

Trusted Contributor

I think Kathy Lee is great.  @ID2 ....how in the world can you call her creepy???