Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the National Geographic show "Hot Zone"??

I have the 6 episodes on my DVR and hope to binge tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I read the book "The Hot Zone" a couple of years ago when there was an Ebola outbreak in Africa & a few patients were brought here to be treated & infected others.  Scary stuff.

I recorded the whole series & watched the 1st episode last night & am also hooked.

I remember reading the Stephen King novel, "The Stand" back in 1978-79 & then, the uncut version in the early 90's when it came out.  I made the mistake of reading the original during flu season & it scared teh crud out of me whenever someone would cough or sneeze around me!

Trusted Contributor

I did watch the whole series last night, before bedtime. Gave myself nightmares since this and other supervirus epidemics remain a very real threat. 

Doesn't help that I and my family live in Dallas. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_cases_in_the_United_States

'Nuff said. 

The series was very well done, and I hope that some of TPTB were watching. Funding and proper protocols are more necessary than ever. 

Respected Contributor

I finally watched the final episode last night off of my DVR & I kept looking at the female aid worker that was the romantic interest for the CDC guy & thought, she looks a lot like Meryl Streep.  Checked the cast list online this morning & sure enough, she's Grace Gummer, one of MS's daughters.