Frequent Contributor

Did anyone watch the National Geographic show "Hot Zone"??

I watched all 6 episodes plus the documentary shows.  I found it thought provoking...especially since it demonstrates how totally unprepared we really are to combat a monster "supervirus". The series is based on a true story.  It's being re-run on Saturday on the National Geographic channel....and I highly recommend it!!! Wonder what viewers thought of the ending??

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the National Geographic show "Hot Zone"??

I tried to watch it but never finished. It is an interesting topic.

Regular Contributor

I really enjoyed it and found it very thought provoking!

I highly recommend it it, as well @Laneysmom 

Valued Contributor

@Laneysmom  Thanks for letting us know you liked it.I have it all recorded.It was rated one of the 12 best shows for summer so I recorded it all.As I mentioned on another topic,I am far behind on my other recorded shows from binge watching GOT with DH.We had to watch it every night since it was only on demand for a few weeks. We  just got through catching up on Billions and now  onto Enemy within. Whew...I feel like couch potato!

Honored Contributor

I finished episode 5 a little while ago.  The frightening thing is that we are no more prepared for something like that than we were when during that time period.  Perhaps even less prepared.  

Super Contributor

I read the book years ago and was thrilled to see it in a mini-series.  It was well done.  My husband, who is squeamish, watched the whole thing and really liked it.  This type of situation occurs more frequently than the public is told.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@janeec wrote:

I read the book years ago and was thrilled to see it in a mini-series.  It was well done.  My husband, who is squeamish, watched the whole thing and really liked it.  This type of situation occurs more frequently than the public is told.  

Really?? Can you give examples of that? I used to work in a biohazard lab (BSL-3) for a public health facility. Keeping the public informed of possible biological threats has and is a major tool used to control a possibly bad situation.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reminder and recommendation, @Laneysmom. I missed the first viewing, so I'll record this miniseries tomorrow. 👍

Honored Contributor

I heard it advertised but didnt watch. Sounds scary with a supervirus! Just what we need  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching episode one; totally hooked!  Settling in to watch the remaining 5 episodes.