Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the Adam Lambert/ Queen special last night?

Has everyone here seen Bohemian Rhapsody? If you haven't then check it out. Adam is actually in the movie though you'd never know it's him. He plays some random guy Freddie hooks up with at a truck stop. Mike Myers is in it too. He wears a wig and you'd never know it's him either. He plays a record exec. producer whatever you want to call him. Anyway, it's a good movie overall and you get to learn more about Freddie and how Queen came about and their story. You can get it at redbox.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the special and it confirmed for me that Adam Lambert IMO is the most talented AI contestant of all seasons.  I'm glad he didn't win his season so he wouldn't have to be bound by the dictates of an AI contract and was able to go on to much bigger and better things..

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

I am not sure if this has been said since I didn't read all replies, but I heard this morning in an interview with their long-time manager that he did mention to Freddie that now that he has some money, he should think about having his teeth fixed. At which point, Freddie snapped back and was pretty intense when he told the manager that they HAD been fixed and that he was upset that the manager couldn't tell (which shows how bad they really were!)

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I agree with you!

Adam Lambert does “the sneer” just like Elvis...and I say this with great reluctance because it appears that Adam doesn’t know he does it!

watched almost all of the show so far... and we will finish it tonight!

Adam was in the right place at the right time for sure!

And he has the talent to go with it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  Back in the day, all of Freddie's fans would hear lots about him and his teeth.

Why Freddie didn't want his teeth 'fixed'.

https://scroll.in/magazine/847995/what-made-freddie-mercurys-voice-so-magical-his-teeth

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I know all about his range, etc. but all I am saying is that this morning on Sirius XM, I HEARD their manager when asked what his biggest mistake was when managing Queen, said it was when he asked Freddie about getting his teeeth fixed. Maybe Freddie was just tired of hearing about it, but the manager (forgot his name) seemed to feel bad that it made Freddie mad beause he claims they were already fixed! 

I am enjoying re-watching Adam's Season 8 performances on AI. I remember that season fondly and I really enjoy his performances.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 wrote:

Has everyone here seen Bohemian Rhapsody? If you haven't then check it out. Adam is actually in the movie though you'd never know it's him. He plays some random guy Freddie hooks up with at a truck stop. Mike Myers is in it too. He wears a wig and you'd never know it's him either. He plays a record exec. producer whatever you want to call him. Anyway, it's a good movie overall and you get to learn more about Freddie and how Queen came about and their story. You can get it at redbox.

@colliemom4 Loved the movie, but it really isn't a  completely true depiction of Queen, there was much 'poetic license' in the production. They never 'broke up' [even for a short time] as the film shows - and Freddie wasn't diagnosed until years after Wembley. There were many more inconsistencies - Rolling Stone trashed how inauthentic the film was. IMO RS went over the top - afterall Brian May and Roger Taylor gave their stamp of approval!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4 Loved the movie, but it really isn't a  completely true depiction of Queen, they took a lot of poetic licnese in the production. They never 'broke up' [even for a short time] as the film shows - and Freddie wasn't diagnosed until years after Wembley. There were many more inconsistencies - Rolling Stone trashed how inauthentic the film was. IIMO RS went over the top - Brian May and Roger Taylor oversaw everything afterall!

@Ibby114  I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It's been extremely successful all over the world, won many awards and brought in almost a billion dollars. There are many articles online where Brian May addresses how this film was unfairly trashed by many. I think a group of people were unhappy with the fact that Freddie was in a relationship with a woman for years and that was a big part of why they bashed it.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4 Loved the movie, but it really isn't a  completely true depiction of Queen, they took a lot of poetic licnese in the production. They never 'broke up' [even for a short time] as the film shows - and Freddie wasn't diagnosed until years after Wembley. There were many more inconsistencies - Rolling Stone trashed how inauthentic the film was. IIMO RS went over the top - Brian May and Roger Taylor oversaw everything afterall!

@Ibby114  I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It's been extremely successful all over the world, won many awards and brought in almost a billion dollars. There are many articles online where Brian May addresses how this film was unfairly trashed by many. I think a group of people were unhappy with the fact that Freddie was in a relationship with a woman for years and that was a big part of why they bashed it.

Not only was Freddie in a relationship with a woman, but he said actually that they were like husband and wife in many ways. He loved her enough to leave her a very large part of his estate. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Not only was Freddie in a relationship with a woman, but he said actually that they were like husband and wife in many ways. He loved her enough to leave her a very large part of his estate. 

@RainCityWoman  Yes. Freddie left Mary Austin 50 percent of all his money, his mansion, antiques and art work. He only left his parents and sister 25 percent each. His sister is the only person still alive, so I read that 75 percent of all earnings Freddie would have received if he was still alive now go to Mary and that she's already made 40 million from the movie.