Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the Adam Lambert/ Queen special last night?

Respected Contributor

Adam doesn’t remind me of Elvis P. at all.  I agree with @NickNack  that Adam has a much better voice.  They both command the stage and they both have the blue eyes that draw you in.  Adam’s eyes just slay me.  I think he should try film because he has so much charisma.  I did watch the special.  I was in a different place when Queen was in its heyday and was pretty unaware of them, so i found the snippets fascinating.   i saw snippets of Live Aid at the time and I wasn’t enamored of them.  Reminded me of Woodstock etc. Seems over time my rock self has emerged and i love their music.  I lost Adam L. quite a while after his awards show debacle.  As apparently did all of the networks.  Adam was out to prove something i expect despite him saying it wasn’t planned and it just happened.  I wonder why the ABC piece.  Are they moving him into a more middle of the,road spot so they can move him into something???

Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I kept waiting for somebody to sing 'another one bites the dust'. They didn't sing it Sunday night or even in the movie.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wonder why Freddy never got his teeth fixed. Been better looking.

There is a scene in "Bohemian Rhapsody" where the band is giving a press conference.  One of the reporters asks him why he does not get his teeth fixed and he says something to the effect "then I won't blend in with the rest of England."

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I kept waiting for somebody to sing 'another one bites the dust'. They didn't sing it Sunday night or even in the movie.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wonder why Freddy never got his teeth fixed. Been better looking.

There is a scene in "Bohemian Rhapsody" where the band is giving a press conference.  One of the reporters asks him why he does not get his teeth fixed and he says something to the effect "then I won't blend in with the rest of England."

With the extra teeth throughout his upper jaw his palette was oversized.  I think he was right that it might have changed his voice to have monkeyed with it.  And besides it would have been significant dental work too at the time. 

Valued Contributor

Go to youtube and find his rendition of Believe for the Kennedy Honor awards.He even had Cher in tears.Absolutey beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

Go to youtube and find his rendition of Believe for the Kennedy Honor awards.He even had Cher in tears.Absolutey beautiful.

@Estates   Wow!  That was beautiful!  I Googled Adam Lambert Believe and watched it.  Thanks for posting this pembroke.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Estates wrote:

He lives his songs.  

Honored Contributor

I saw it and loved every minute of it.  I loved Freddie back then and Adam was a good choice to ‘ interpret’ Freddie’s songs.

I always thought Adam should have won, but it’s good he didn’t.

I have something  on my collection of ‘sayings’ that really fits Adam Lambert’s situation with American Idol.  Here it is:

“If you ask GOD for help, you might not get what you want; but you will get what you need.”

THAT fits what happened to Adam Lambert.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Queen documentary special was great- it included the periiod after Freddie's death- his memorial a year later  - and their tour with Paul Rodgers  as well. All part of their journey to Adam Lambert! When they performed with Adam on the AI finale- it was magic! Brian May even said they tried not to show favortism- but their connection was evident.

I never saw Queen with Freddie. I did see  Queen with Paul Rodgers, great show but it missed the energy that I imagine Freddie would have provided. Queen with Adam is electric!! I've seen their show 3x.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack   @Shawnie   

Gosh I think he and Elvis look alike!

A363F489-20B6-4453-ABF0-6BA9767F3BD0-257-00000038B85A5E09.jpg