Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch the Adam Lambert/ Queen special last night?

@SharkE wrote:

I kept waiting for somebody to sing 'another one bites the dust'. They didn't sing it Sunday night or even in the movie.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wonder why Freddy never got his teeth fixed. Been better looking.

@SharkE   Good question on why he never fixed his teeth? His being a singer and all, it is pretty important to have nice teeth.  Maybe he was scared of dentists?  Many people are and do not go to the dentist let alone have restorative work done.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

Sorry I missed it. 😢

@OKPrincess  I'm sure it will eventually repeat.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I kept waiting for somebody to sing 'another one bites the dust'. They didn't sing it Sunday night or even in the movie.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wonder why Freddy never got his teeth fixed. Been better looking.

@SharkE   Good question on why he never fixed his teeth? His being a singer and all, it is pretty important to have nice teeth.  Maybe he was scared of dentists?  Many people are and do not go to the dentist let alone have restorative work done.

Freddie's voice spanned four octaves, which is extremely rare, plus he had extra teeth and extra membranes around his vocal cords.  He beleived that if he had work on his teeth, his voice would be affected. 

Super Contributor

Why didn't Freddie get his teeth fixed one poster asked:    On a documentary Freddie mentioned ... he was afraid it would change the way his vocals might be effected.  

The Queen/Lambert Special was excellent, at least the remaining Queen band members can play until their 90~ thanks to Adam~!

(If you missed it and have Comcast, it is free on Xfinity, under ABC specials).

Respected Contributor

I taped it and watched the special today.  I enjoyed it.  I saw Bohemian Rhapsody just a couple weeks ago so I definitely wanted to watch the special to see how the band moved on.   Plus I saw Adam on American Idol Sunday night and he was so gracious when mentoring the singers. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Thank you..Heart  i was waiting for some one to start a thread about the tv special.

I for one am very thankful that Adam joined Queen!Heart

I love everything about him!...he is so talentedHeart

What else can i say about him??

Well..i wish i could see a live show ..but doubt that will ever happen.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I thought the special was xcellent.  I can't believe Adam has been w/Queen as a frontman since 2011/12.  Thru out the special they mixed the original band members with present day Adam & Co. and I thought it was very well done, a nice mix of old and new.  The older interview w/Freddie - he looked so young. 

Adam is not only very talented as a performer, he is a very well spoken young man.  He speaks so clearly and to the point and seems like he gets along easily with his bandmates.  He was also a very good mentor to the kids on AI, offered some really solid advice. 

I wrote on another AI post that AI ended for me w/Adam's season.  He was my reason for tuning in every week, just to see what he would do next.  In the end he didn't win - better off for him, but he really did deserve to win, and after that AI began to go downhill for me.  I njoyed seeing some of his old performances on AI. 

I'm glad this topic was covered.  I was going to start one last night but didn't.  I'm on East Coast time so I see the shows earlier than the Mid and West coast.  I may watch this On Demand a 2nd time I njoyed it that much.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

If you would be so kind as to tell me the name of the program and the network it was on please.

I would like to search to see if it will be repeated.

Thank you 

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123  The Show Must Go On- Queen + Adam Lambert Story on ABC    Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

I thought the show was excellent.  I meant to start a thread on this yesterday.  I don't think Adam looks like Elvis at all, although I loved Elvis.  I think Adam is better looking and a better singer.  Adam has done much better professionally than he would have if he'd won Idol IMO.  

I watched the show because Adam did such a great job mentoring the contestants the other night.  He gave them such good advice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau