Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Naomi Judd on Good Morning America?

Respected Contributor

I watched the Robin Roberts interview with Naomi online, and I don't think Naomi looks that bad.  Had I seen a recent pic of her without knowing about her illness, I would have just assumed her swollen face was due to health reasons (medications, etc), but not that she necessarily looks bad.  Very swollen for sure.  From the little I know of her, she has always seemed very kind and intelligent. I wish the very best for her.  I think she is very brave to be so open about her life. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I think she may have Parkinsons and Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She has a Cushingoid appearance from long-term medication (Prednisone).  She says she has depression and anxiety.  I don't think her main problems are depression and anxiety, although that surely can be brought on by other things, such as Parkinsons and RA.

I'm no doctor but it looks to me as though she is on Prednisone long-term, to give her that fullness in her face.

I wish her well and hope she doesn't get any worse.  She and Wynona are estranged but at least her other daughter Ashley and her husband are taking care of her.

Honored Contributor

So her face is swollen, but she is seventy years old, and aside from the swelling, looks good.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she has had issues now for a long time.....so sad

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I think she may have Parkinsons and Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She has a Cushingoid appearance from long-term medication (Prednisone).  She says she has depression and anxiety.  I don't think her main problems are depression and anxiety, although that surely can be brought on by other things, such as Parkinsons and RA.

I'm no doctor but it looks to me as though she is on Prednisone long-term, to give her that fullness in her face.

I wish her well and hope she doesn't get any worse.  She and Wynona are estranged but at least her other daughter Ashley and her husband are taking care of her.

@sophiamarie

I've been on prednisone for RA for almost 12 years now.  It depends on the dosage whether or not one gets the moon face.  She must be on a very high dosage (and perhaps other meds).  I do not have the moon face, never did.  However, my dosage is very low, 8 mgs a day.  If she is on 10 mgs or more, that would produce those physical symptoms, and my guess is she is on at least 20 mgs to get as swollen as she is.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

While it is terrible thing to suffer from depression and other illnesses, is it necessary to hear about everyone's personal business all the time?

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  I understand that she must be on a high dose of Prednisone for a long period of time but I remember that you posted that you were on 6 mg. and were trying to "titrate" down to 5 but could never get there.  Now, you say you are on 8 mg.  I guess I must have been thinking of someone else?

I think Naomi Judd has a lot more problems than she is letting on but then again, nobody has asked her to put it all out there either.  I don't understand what that was all about.  Why would anyone be interested in Naomi airing her medical problem to the world?  She has been out of circulation for so long.  Maybe she's writing a book???

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  I don't think 70 is "old" at all.  We have people running for President of the U.S. at that age and could possibly be in office for 8 years.

You said "aside from the swelling she looks good"?  Are you serious?  What part of her looked good to you?  She looks like a woman with some serious medical problems, no matter her age.  Take off the makeup and hair and then tell me she looks good.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else remember her and Wynonna being in a short series on the OWN channel?  It was there that they talked about themselves and their relationship.... plus about their own health ...both mental and physical.... I thought that was a very open and strong thing for them both to do....

I have had reactions to a couple of drugs.... it is NO fun.  My heart goes out to her and anyone else who has a problem which needs medication and feels like a guinea pig because the drs cant seem to find the best drug/s and they get side effects from the "experiments".