Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Naomi Judd on Good Morning America?

I just saw this and her story makes me sad for her but she is still a pretty woman.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@LilacTree  I understand that she must be on a high dose of Prednisone for a long period of time but I remember that you posted that you were on 6 mg. and were trying to "titrate" down to 5 but could never get there.  Now, you say you are on 8 mg.  I guess I must have been thinking of someone else?

I think Naomi Judd has a lot more problems than she is letting on but then again, nobody has asked her to put it all out there either.  I don't understand what that was all about.  Why would anyone be interested in Naomi airing her medical problem to the world?  She has been out of circulation for so long.  Maybe she's writing a book???

@sophiamarie

I am on 8 mgs of prednisone and have been for almost twelve years.  There have been periods of time when I have tapered to 6 mgs, but the pain got to the point that I had to go back up to 8 mgs again . . . and I must have written about it.  It is not at all impossible that while I was on 6 mgs, I tried to taper to 5, but found that impossible within just two or three days.  There is nothing I want more than to get off this med, but I just can't.  Even on 8 mgs, I still have chronic daily pain.  But I refuse to go up, no matter how bad it gets.

So no, you weren't thinking of someone else.  It was me.  I don't know how you remember this stuff.  I occasionally try to taper, so it easily could happen again, if you want to document that.  Nothing is "tried and true" when one is on a corticosteroid.  It's pure hell.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

In my opinion,  it is really bad  to see people saying how awful she looks.She is struggling with a real illness. would some of you say a bald person going through chemo looks awful?Sometimes bearing it all makes others uncomfortable, they should not put their unconfortableness on them. She is very  brave  being in the public eye. hoping probably  to let others know of human  strugles.  Empathy goes a long way , we dont know what the future holds for us..  Wouldnt it be better to  hope she finds  an answer and can continue her life pain free.. It is all we all want...

Honored Contributor

I just read the article in the new People Magazine, it includes an excerpt from her book. It was even worse than what she described to Robin, so painful to read about anyone going through that.

I believe it is a huge help when any famous person talks about their mental health issues. There is still such a stigma surrounding them, and there shouldn't be. So if this helps whittle away at that stigma bit by bit I am all for it.

She is a beautiful and courageous woman, I wish her all the best. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"