Respected Contributor

Did anyone see Naomi Judd on Good Morning America?

She looks really bad but says her face is swollen because of meds and her hands shake (she says also meds).  She talked about being molested by an uncle as a child.  Also talked about her relationship with Wynonna (which is off again) and her relationship with Ashley.  I feel for her.  I have the same situation with my girls.  I know at one point she had Hepatitis C, but I think that resolved, she did not mention it today. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Naomi Judd on Good Morning America?

[ Edited ]

I didn't see her and wasn't aware of her issues, but I always thought she was such a beautiful woman.  I'm sorry to hear she's having difficulties.  

edited to add:  @hoosieroriginal I'm sorry you have a strained relationship with your girls; I do with my daughter as well.  

Honored Contributor

Yes I did. She said she is on the meds due to anxiety and depression. It was diagnosed as medication resistant so she suffered before they found something that worked for her. It made me sad.

I remember seeing her on Oprah years ago with her daughters, they have always struggled with certain family dynamics.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I didn't see her and wasn't aware of her issues, but I always thought she was such a beautiful woman.  I'm sorry to hear she's having difficulties.  

edited to add:  @hoosieroriginal I'm sorry you have a strained relationship with your girls; I do with my daughter as well.  

@Citrine1 - Mother/daughter relationships are so difficult!  But I've come to terms with it, I'm much happier without all the drama. 

Esteemed Contributor

Relationships with adult children can sometimes be testy.  The best course is to remain"the adult in the room," and chose your actions and words very carefully.  No one should be a doormat, but sometimes somebody has to swallow to keep the door open to promote peace.  Some may disagree with me, but I guess it all depends on a particular situation.  

I wish Naomi all the best, and I do hope there can be healing in her family.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago I thought she was beautiful.  I haven't seen her on TV in years and did not see her on this show.  I feel for her.  I hope she gets well!!  

I do know they had some severe issues in their family--as with many families.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I didn't see the show, but I read an article about her having mental health issues. It's sad that she's not doing well. 

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for her, she aways seemed so particular with her appearance & now she has that moonface you can get with meds, plus her hands shake from meds & it's obvious that her appearance now is a struggle for her.   I hope she finds peace.    

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

She looks really bad but says her face is swollen because of meds and her hands shake (she says also meds).  She talked about being molested by an uncle as a child.  Also talked about her relationship with Wynonna (which is off again) and her relationship with Ashley.  I feel for her.  I have the same situation with my girls.  I know at one point she had Hepatitis C, but I think that resolved, she did not mention it today. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a repeat of the interview.  I was thinking you were talking about Ashley Judd.  I just noticed it was Naomi.  Oh my...my heart cries out for her.  She looked so awful, and I feel TERRIBLE for her!!  What a talented singer, and it breaks my heart to see her in such bad shape. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

It was painful to watch her. I have great admiration for her and hope that she moves forward to wellness.

She has written a book about her struggles, and I hope to read it. 

I have always found her straightforwardness and honesty to be inspiring.