Honored Contributor

Did anyone see Annie last evening?

I wanted to record,but forgot. How was it?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Annie last evening?

If you scroll down the TV forum a bit, there's already a thread about it. Personally, I didn't watch so can't give an opinion other than to say Annie is one of my least favorite musicals of all time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

i enjoyed watching it.....nice diversion from the news channel....but that ill-fitting skull cap was so distracting....was waiting for it to pop off!!

Honored Contributor

I watched it with my 8vo niece but 3 hours was too much for both of us.  She had school the next day and I was just tired.  We watched half of it.  It was excellent, she danced along with all the musical numbers.

Respected Contributor

I was a theater major and worked for years in entertainment in nyc. I found the show  flat as old soda and dull. Taraji as Miss Hannibal was way over the too and mugging constantly. Turned off after 30 minutes. 

Honored Contributor

I also thought Tarij was way over the top but I did like the choreography and I thought Annie did a very good job and thought she was the best part of the show.

When the orphans danced, they sang and danced really well but when they had talking scenes it was very screechy and it too over the top.

I was really enjoying the beginning 

but i do agree with you on a lot of it @ellaphant.

Harry Connick Jr was very surprisingly bland. 

The ending was a little strange, seemed to run out of steam, and I didn't get why they all stooped down.

Still I enjoyed a lot of it and thought it was worth watching.

And that's my critique for what it's worth (or not!).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I wanted to record,but forgot. How was it?

@Group 5 minus 1  Annie is not my favorite show, that being said I thought it was very well done. It seemed to go off without a hitch, no stumbles. I have only seen the movie not the show, some things were different. Seeing Taraji P. Henson as Miss Hannigan ( who knew she could sing) I thought she was channeling Carol Burnett. 

Honored Contributor

Annie was 13 in real life but looks 16, too old for the part. 

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i enjoyed watching it.....nice diversion from the news channel....but that ill-fitting skull cap was so distracting....was waiting for it to pop off!!

It was really bad!

Honored Contributor

I, personally, am tired of all these remakes.  Remakes of everything.  They should come up with new, original things. If I were in the orignals of any shows or movies and then people kept doing them over, I think I would be kind of insulted.  Like --- what --- you feel my version wasn't good enough?   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin