Respected Contributor

Re: Did any Jeopardy watchers see this episode?

This was Celebrity Jeopardy, and I did see it. There's been no word (yet) as to whether Laundrie's parents saw it (what they did learn of, was the online reaction) , but their attorney has said that an apology is "in order."

Tastelessness is one thing. Beyond that, the fact that Laundrie was a murderer should have no impact on whether it was used on the show. The perpetually "shocked and outraged" apparently aren't Jeopardy watchers; there IS a category called "Notorious," you know.

And BTW, people should get off Ken Jennings' back, because his duties don't include writing/approving every clue; there's a team of 7 or 8 people who do that.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I was a regular Jeopardy watcher but there are too many "special" contests and they go on too long. I wonder if they're having trouble finding contestants. The hosts are OK but Mayim Byalic hesitates too long before announcing whether a contestant is right or wrong. I read that she waits for the producer to announce it in her earpiece. It is very annoying. Sometimes I turn the program off and return for the last five minutes, just to see who won. I miss Alex.

I have noticed she does that, too, and have found it annoying!  I feel like it slows the game down and leaves the contestants wondering whether they got it correct or not.  Thanks for explaining it.  All these years watching Jeopardy and I did not know the producer announces whether the answer is right or wrong into the host's earpiece, though it makes sense.  I always figured the host could see the right answer on their card or screen.  Still, I like watching Celebrity Jeopardy on Sunday nights.

Did anyone see the blooper of Ken Jennings in the "exhibition game" between Amy, Matt & Mattea?  The game didn't count for anything. They were getting ready for the Tournament of Champions and Ken said it was to give them "some practice".  Well, if you saw it you saw Ken make a mistake and give away an answer & was bleeped due to using an expletive.  It was a funny moment.

They may not want me to post a link.  Just go to YouTube and search: 

Jeopardy FUNNY MOMENT, Ken Jennings swears on TV - Tournament of Champions EXHIBITION GAME (11/8/22)

Frequent Contributor

I cannot stand Celebrity Jeopardy. Don’t know who most of these “celebrities” are and their over the top performances after every answer is more than I can take.
Honored Contributor

I'm sure game show clues have mentioned Ted B, John Wayne G, Scott P,  Drew P, Jeffrey D and countless other evil people. Social media loves to create drama and stir things up.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  it WAS plastered on the news and in topics on talk shows. Jeopardy has had multiple complaints and are handling them.

Esteemed Contributor

SPEECHLESS!😔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Jeopardy that is hosted by Mayim. That people found the reference inappropriate is expected. It's become popular to be judgemental and outraged by most everything. Demands for books to be removed from libraries is an example of that.

Respected Contributor

I do not watch Jeopardy on a regular basis but that question was completely insulting and distasteful to the memories of both Gabby and Brian. 

I am surprised that no one is posting about the Tournament of Champions that is happening right now.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy ...........I dont watch national news so I did not know that it was on.  If it was on local news I missed.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just read that a Jeopardy clue included Brian Landrie's name.  Holy Moly, cant believe it hasn't been plastered all over the news and social media.

Wow-such a stretch to get to that answer??? What WERE they thinking?