Honored Contributor
lovescats that really stinks about it being cancelled. I didn't watch it but feel bad for those that did. It makes me not want to get involved in a show like this for fear of it being cancelled and being left hanging.
Respected Contributor
It took me a long time to remember where I saw the woman who plays Rosie. She's Melissa George who played Peter' s ethics advisor on the good wife. and she named her baby Peter. She plays Rosie in the Australian version too which is on Netflix. I can't stand her on either one but I guess she's playing her part well. The Netflix version is a little different so far.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 chrystaltree said:

I watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked although I can't quite figure out how all those people are related. I'm sure I'll get it as I watch more episode. I do think Harry is a loose cannon. He's a ticking bomb and he definitely has "issues" with anger and violence. However the characters I find most disturbing are the that weird child's parents. That family is dysfunctional to the max. She nurses a 5 year old...really???? Both parents treat him like he's an infant, so of course, he acts like one. The husband is so kitty whipped by that ditzy wife that you can't even think of him as a man. He's an "it". Any sane person would have been sorely TEMPTED to smack that child but Hector isn't exactly a sane person. And the doctor's mother in law is just plain evil.

Agree with every word.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Last night was another interesting episode. I was not aware Connie was Hugo's babysitter.

The paintings Gary did of Hugo were quite telling. I kept thinking of Damien from The Omen. Why do I get the feeling if Gary could bail out from this case, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

It looks like everything will hit the fan next week.

It appears there are only 2 more episodes, one called "Aisha", the other "Rosie."

Honored Contributor

There is not one likable character on that show, not one. I agree that Gary wanted to just drop the whole thing, but I believe his wife is unstable and he's afraid to go against her. I can't think he likes his son, who would, and it shows in his paintings.

It will be interesting to see the report on young Hugo. This may turn into a glass houses thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it. This is my kind of dark entertainment. I just watched the episode about Manolis this morning. He is so endearing.

My husband hasn't been watching it, but I plan to entice him by suggesting we watch the Australian version.

Trusted Contributor

I was late to the party so had to catch up on the first few episodes. Each one has gotten better and better. I loved the one about Manolis. I could have done without an entire episode about Connie but it appears she will figure heavily into the case now.

While it is true, few characters are very likeable, that doesn't mean it makes for a bad show.

Honored Contributor

OK, so I haven't watched this show but (as I've bla blad about so much) I know you guys probably get sick of it, but I was listening to Entertainment Weekly on XM radio (in my car) and Michael Nouri as Thanasis in the Slap was being interviewed.

First of all I've always loved him from way back. I was surprised to hear he's 69 years old. He is so unpretentious (sp) and outspoken. He said he got a call from the guy who's the writer and immediately said "Yes". He said he was familiar with the writer (he's famous for his plays) and he thinks that's why so many really good actors signed on this show. He also said the fact that it is only 8 shows is another reason they were able to get so many good actors because they are mostly 'tied up' with other projects.

It was funny because he said he HATES (said it several times) the way the commercials are on over and over and the signs that go up on the screen interrupting the flow of the show.

He was very entertaining, not because he was funny but because he was so outspoken, but not in a mean way.

I enjoy hearing from the actors as they're being interviewed.

Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2015 annabellethecat said:

OK, so I haven't watched this show but (as I've bla blad about so much) I know you guys probably get sick of it, but I was listening to Entertainment Weekly on XM radio (in my car) and Michael Nouri as Thanasis in the Slap was being interviewed.

First of all I've always loved him from way back. I was surprised to hear he's 69 years old. He is so unpretentious (sp) and outspoken. He said he got a call from the guy who's the writer and immediately said "Yes". He said he was familiar with the writer (he's famous for his plays) and he thinks that's why so many really good actors signed on this show. He also said the fact that it is only 8 shows is another reason they were able to get so many good actors because they are mostly 'tied up' with other projects.

It was funny because he said he HATES (said it several times) the way the commercials are on over and over and the signs that go up on the screen interrupting the flow of the show.

He was very entertaining, not because he was funny but because he was so outspoken, but not in a mean way.

I enjoy hearing from the actors as they're being interviewed.

I've always liked Michael Nouri since he was Steve Kaslo on Search for Tomorrow.

I'm happy to read there are 3 more episodes as the site I read had only more. ("Aisha" and "Rosie")

Respected Contributor

I finished watching the australian version on netflix now I'm waiting to see if the endings compare. I recommend it but be aware there's more sxx and nudity.