Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 SANNA said: I watched only first episode and it was enough for me. Honestly, I would slap that kid too and many times, and his parents too. I know the type and they make me sick. I did not like any of the characters .

I was not particularly fond of any of the characters either but thought I'd give it a second chance, based on what I read about the series.

Each week they've focused on a different character's reaction to what happened. We've learned quite a bit about individual personalities and how they relate to each other. So far they've had an episode about Harry, (the slapper) Uma Thurman's character Anouk, (Blythe Danner is her mother) and Manolis, the Greek patriarch. The last 2 episodes had many touching moments.

By no means have any of the characters been sympathetic toward Harry.

Honored Contributor
Hector annoys me and so does his wife. Both of them should have stayed out of it.
Super Contributor

I tried to watch it, I basically just seen the previews.

Regular Contributor
On 3/6/2015 lulu2 said:

Each week I love this show more and more. Last night's episode was the best yet. Brian Cox was fabulous as Manolis.

I just realized the narrator is Victor Garber.

I love this show and think we are half way through the "season" as they only made 6 episodes so I will miss this show as think it is very creative and unlike anything on tv now. I doubt it could be made into a series, but you never know. Look forward to it and get very annoyed with some of the people but that is what compels me into watching how it ends!!

"You never know when the last time is the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Super Contributor
On 3/6/2015 occasional rain said: Hector annoys me and so does his wife. Both of them should have stayed out of it.

It's hard to stay out of it when the incident took place at your house and involved a relative and a best friend.

This show is one of the best on TV. The in-depth study of the characters is fascinating. I will be sorry to see the series come to an end as we've barely scratched the surface about these relationships.

The father's visit to his dying friend was so poignant. I loved seeing Michael Nouri as I've always found him to be an under-rated actor. The last time I saw him he was Ziva David's father on NCIS.

Super Contributor

I'm hoping that the ending is not a huge disappointment. I watched a series on either Netflix or Hulu called 'Amber' that was done this way. It was a four part series about a girl who vanishes and it covered 4 different viewpoints of her final known hours and disappearance. The ending was such a let down because there was no conclusion to the story. The Slap is said to end without a conclusion to the story also.

Honored Contributor
On 3/7/2015 kaybee said:

I'm hoping that the ending is not a huge disappointment. I watched a series on either Netflix or Hulu called 'Amber' that was done this way. It was a four part series about a girl who vanishes and it covered 4 different viewpoints of her final known hours and disappearance. The ending was such a let down because there was no conclusion to the story. The Slap is said to end without a conclusion to the story also.

Oh no. I hate when a series leaves you hanging.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up. I saw a promo for The Slap and it is moving to it's new time, 10:00.

Honored Contributor
Just wanted to remind anyone that watches The Slap has moved to 10:00. Does that mean the show that was on Allegiance was cancelled?(I didn't watch it)
Respected Contributor
On 3/12/2015 jordan2 said: Just wanted to remind anyone that watches The Slap has moved to 10:00. Does that mean the show that was on Allegiance was cancelled?(I didn't watch it)

yes Allegiance was cancelled. I'm glad I started watching the slap.