Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Have A Crush On An Actor When You Were Young?

@sunshine45 wrote:

john travolta......saturday night fever made me really "love" him, but i had already been watching him on welcome back kotter.

sylvester stallone......and who didnt love the way he treated adrian?

@sunshine45 

Sylvester has ditched his hair dye and gone 'natural', he posted this photo on IG yesterday.

Punching: In the clip, the Oscar-nominated actor was seen chatting in the back of his car as he pumped his fist and stated: 'Keep punching, my friend. Keep punching'

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ECBG -

I was just telling my daughter the other day about Richard Chamberlain and how much I loved him back then and still when I recently saw a video of him doing an interview about his life, I felt the same all over again.

I think a lot of young girls must have fallen in love with Dr. Kildare!Heart

@on the bay  @ECBG , Yeah Dr. Kildare was my love.  I even had a Barbie Doll case with his picture on it.  I found it a few years ago when we were cleaning out the house after my Dad died.

Esteemed Contributor

Clark Gable....when I was really young, my mother took me to see a release of Gone With the Wind in the 50s. I thought Clark Gable was the most handsome man I had ever seen! There was just something about him and I followed his career for years. On TV, it was Wally on Leave it to Beaver.....I was in love with Wally!! LOL!

Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@ECBG It's Richard ChamberlAin from "Dr. Kildare" -- he was MY 1st crush, too!  (I lived for the show at 8:30 Thursdays on NBC...I remember crying when my parents forbade me to watch the eisode with Yvette Mmieux playing a drug addict.)

As for The Man from U.N.C.L.E., I much preferred Robert Vaughan.

She wasn't a drug addict.  She was in two episodes.  She was a surfer and she had a seizure disorder.  She died surfing in the second episode and he pulled her out of the water.  I remember crying.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Richard Chamberlain, Yesssssss!  He took me as Dr. Kildare every week and then again years later on the beach in his white suite as Father Ralph de Briccasart in The Thorn Birds!!!

Lesser crushes James Darren, James Garner, and today I love Mathew McConaughey--he has to have the sexiest car commercials ever, smokin hot.

And in the way back machine--Cornell Wilde in among other films, Forever Amber as Bruce Carlton.

@Shawnie I binge watched quite a bit of Thorn Birds in 5 min videos on netflix last night!  LOL!!!

Don't miss the beach!!  

Honored Contributor

Not that I can recall.  What I do remember is that my parents "frowned upon" that sort of thing.   They had a rather low opinion of celebrities.  

Respected Contributor

My first crush was a musician - but could be considered an actor because he starred in 'A Hard Day's Night' - and that would be Paul McCartney.

As far as movie or TV actors - I did have a big crush on Tom Jones when he had his variety show (yet another musician).  Actors would have to be Bobby Sherman of 'Here Come the Brides' and David Cassidy of 'The Partridge Family'.

Movie actors - I was oddly intrigued by Marlon Brando in 'Mutiny on the Bounty' - but I didn't know who he was at the time - I was little and saw the movie in a Drive-In w/my family.  When I was a little older I remember really liking Robert Redford in every movie he was ever in.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

To be honest, my real crush was Van Johnson...... I loved him and thought he was soooo sexy - until I bumped into him in an elevator and found out that he wasn't as tall as he looked in his movies.  He wasn't even 6' - he was just a tad taller than me and I am 5'6"....

Now, I know he was standing on boxes and played against shorter (June Allyson,eg) women, so he would always give a taller appearance - much like they did with Alan Ladd and other screen idols of the Day......

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN -

I was thinking of Paul McCartney too!Smiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

john travolta......saturday night fever made me really "love" him, but i had already been watching him on welcome back kotter.

sylvester stallone......and who didnt love the way he treated adrian?

@sunshine45 

Sylvester has ditched his hair dye and gone 'natural', he posted this photo on IG yesterday.

Punching: In the clip, the Oscar-nominated actor was seen chatting in the back of his car as he pumped his fist and stated: 'Keep punching, my friend. Keep punching'

I think he looks good w/his hair 'au naturale'.  Seems like he has a nice head of hair and the gray hair and beard is more striking than the dyed look imo.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing