Trusted Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Hear This?

Hallmark mysteries and movies used to be one of my go to channels but they have gone overboard with the Christmas movies — especially in July. If the Christmas movie genre is so popular, they should turn one of their channels into a Hallmark Christmas Movie channel.

Honored Contributor

Omg...    That is so funny.  I'm all for honoring our veterans but pity the fool who thought that showing made for tv Christmas movies is a way to honor them.  Why didn't they just say they are having a Christmas in July festival over the 4th?  I was channel surfing and one of the Hallmark channels did have Christmas movie on, of course, I couldn't click it off fast enough...LOL   I think that was over the weekend.  One of Hallmark channels goes into full Christmas mode in September, maybe August.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I think I've solved the mystery. There is a movie called "A Veteran's Christmas" to air on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel on the 4th of July. I'm guessing this is the commercial the OP heard.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q   @Fona    there are six movies scheduled. Taken from The Hallmark Mysteries & Movies site.

Preview - 4th of July Salute to Veterans Movie Marathon

Tune in Thursday starting at 1pm/12c for a movie marathon dedicated to Veterans this 4th of July.

12:00 PM
Journey Back to Christmas
JOURNEY BACK TO CHRISTMAS

WWII has ended and Hanna is still grieving over her husband's disappearance. When the Christmas Comet appears for the first time in 70 years, Hanna is caught in a terrible storm and knocked unconscious. When she wakes up,...

2:00 PM
Operation Christmas
OPERATION CHRISTMAS

As her new romance blossoms, a single mother is dismayed when her boyfriend, a military sergeant, is deployed right before Christmas. Determined to not let it ruin the holidays for her and her children they decide to give back...

4:00 PM
Home for Christmas Day
HOME FOR CHRISTMAS DAY

When a young woman falls in love and develops a long-distance relationship with a soldier in active duty, her protective mother tries her best to steer her daughter away from heartache. Little do they know they are about to...

6:00 PM
The Christmas Card
THE CHRISTMAS CARD

Moved by an anonymous Christmas card sent to the front lines of Afghanistan, lonely career militarist Captain Cody Cullen travels to the small town of Nevada City to meet the card's sender. Stars Alice Evans, John Newton.

8:00 PM
Christmas Homecoming
CHRISTMAS HOMECOMING

A military widow rents an apartment to an Army Captain. As they team up to save the town's military museum with a Christmas fundraising event, these "wounded birds" find themselves falling in love. Stars Julie Benz, Michael Shanks

10:00 PM
A Veteran's Christmas
A VETERAN'S CHRISTMAS

Separated from her K9 partner Captain Grace is stranded in a small town for Christmas. Judge Joe offers her a place to stay and takes it upon himself to show Grace everything she's been missing. Stars Eloise Mumford, Sean Faris.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I have no problem at all with Hallmark (whichever station) - which scheduled Xmas programming for some of July, showing the veterans movies to celebrate July 4th.  The two HMK channels I get have always treated veterans with great respect in the roles they play; it seems to be a very patriotic station. 

I really don't understand why anyone would have a problem with HMK showing those films featuring veterans (since it was scheduling Xmas shows) to celebrate July 4th.

Respected Contributor

Why not just email your opinion directly to a Hallmark or post in their Instagram or FB feed. If they receive enough comments they might consider changing next year. Posting here only reaches other Q shoppers with a similar interest, not Hallmark. As for me, much rather watch a Christmas marathon then a wedding movie marathon.
Valued Contributor

Playing Veteran's movies on any day is honoring them, and they should be honored 24/7 year round for serving our country to keep it safe, and many losing their lives in the process.