Respected Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Hear This?

@I am still oxox Hallmark has 3 channels so could be one of the others. One of the channels had Christmas movies all day yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Saying you are honoring vets with holiday movies is strange enough, but when Hallmark says they are airing Christmas movies, they are only “honoring” those of one faith. Our armed forces consist of individuals with a wide range of religions — including no religion at all. I find Hallmark’s thoughtlessness pretty surprising in 2019. 

Valued Contributor

No, you did not hear that, and that is not true. The Hallmark Channel is not showing any Christmas movies on July 4.

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb - Yes, the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel IS showing Christmas movies. They started last Friday.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh boy, this thread, however with good intentions, may be going in the wrong direction.

Turn the channel. Do not watch.

Let your objections and feelings be known by writing to the appropriate parties for the programming you object to and why. You can have control that way by voicing your concerns.

Valued Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@MaryLamb - Yes, the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel IS showing Christmas movies. They started last Friday.

@riley1  Ah. I was just looking at the regular Hallmark Channel schedule. Yes, it looks like the movies and mysteries channel has been showing non-stop Christmas movies and will be showing them on the 4th. According to the commercial which can be seen the schedule page of their website, these particular Christmas movies being shown on the 4th feature veterans in their storylines. 

Esteemed Contributor

Comcast is showing on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies Channel that it will be Christmas movies honoring veterans, and on the Hallmark Channel it's the 4th of July Wedding Movie Countdown.

Valued Contributor

I would guess that the reason that Hallmark chose to show movies that featured stories about veterans was because they’d get criticism for showing regular themed Christmas movies on the 4th of July. See how that worked out? They should have just let things be, because July 4 has nothing to do with veterans anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Hallmark Channel - July 4th - Countdown of Wedding Movies

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries - July 4th - Christmas Movies, there is one about Veterans but not the whole day.

Holiday favorites will be airing on the Hallmark Channel from July 12 to July 28. And on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, you can watch Christmas movies from June 28 to July 14.

Right now, Hallmark is already airing Christmas movies every Friday night, plus every Thursday night on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I like the movies on Lifetime better.