Super Contributor

I came into my living room the other evening in time to hear the end of an update on one of the Hallmark Channels saying (and I'm sure I heard this correctly) that they were showing "Christmas movies all day on July 4th to honor veterans."  

Please know that I am all for honoring veterans in any possible way - but, with Christmas movies all day on JULY 4TH?  Does anyone really want to get into the Christmas mood on July 4th?

I love both holidays but, with the thousands of movies out there, why do they have to be Christmas movies? 

This is just a comment, so please don't tell me to turn the channel.  I won't even have Hallmark turned on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Hear This?

I did not hear that, and I can say that I do not like it.   Yeah, I know, I can change the channel, LOL.  My gripe is that in the best place on Earth, the United States of America, not everyone is Christian.  There were and are plenty of Americans that served our country from many backgrounds, origins and religions.  Showing Christmas movies does not honor ALL veterans.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea where that information is coming from.

I only see 4 wedding movies on July 4th along with regular programming.

Christmas movies belong in December.  The same old corny stories.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Hallmark is showing Christmas movies 24 hrs a day during July

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Fona wrote:

I came into my living room the other evening in time to hear the end of an update on one of the Hallmark Channels saying (and I'm sure I heard this correctly) that they were showing "Christmas movies all day on July 4th to honor veterans."  

Please know that I am all for honoring veterans in any possible way - but, with Christmas movies all day on JULY 4TH?  Does anyone really want to get into the Christmas mood on July 4th?

I love both holidays but, with the thousands of movies out there, why do they have to be Christmas movies? 

This is just a comment, so please don't tell me to turn the channel.  I won't even have Hallmark turned on.

@Fona  I think it's because Hallmark is in its period now where it is playing all Christmas movies for a couple of weeks.   July 4th falls within that period so it decided to show the ones featuring veterans in them, in honor of the fourth.  A lot of Hallmark films are about veterans returning home.  It just so happens that part of the networks Christmas in July doings fall during the fourth.

Honored Contributor

I don't see how playing Christmas movies all day long on July 4th would be honoring Veterans.  

Super Contributor

Pearley, DesertDi and posters:  Thanks.  Your posts do put this into a better perspective for me.  I don't often watch Hallmark and had no idea they were showing Christmas movies for the full month of July. 

However, I am still struggling with the concept of July 4th and Christmas being melded together.  I don't like the idea of the shopping channels starting Christmas in late June (but can see that sales are everything) but I cannot see why a movie channel would want to show Christmas movies for a full month over July.

The world really puzzles me.

Anyway, I hope you all have a super July 4th.

Honored Contributor

My husband does not like the Christmas programming..usually Psych or Monk is on that channel and they will not be showing those shows!  I do not see the connection between Christmas and Veterans either!

Honored Contributor

Just checked the quide and it says count down of favorite Wedding movies

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Their Christmas in July movies begin July 12