Trusted Contributor

Re: Diana Ross's AMA Fashion Drama

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

111917-diana-ross-lead.jpg

WOW, a vision, yeah, she did good.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

It was classic Diana Ross.  She nailed it.  It was exactly what we expected and wanted from her.  She looked amazing.  She's one fierce 73 year old woman, although 73 isn't exactly old today, if don't want it to be.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I noticed not one close up of Diana Ross... most likely her idea. I am sure she has on tons of makeup... has had work and looks old.  From a distance with  the big wig she looks fine.

She is old now.   Why shouldn't she look old?   No sense trying to look 30 when you are far from it.  People trying to beat the aging process look ridiculous IMO.

Honored Contributor

I thought she looked and sounded fantastic and her love of family just makes me like her even more.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I noticed not one close up of Diana Ross... most likely her idea. I am sure she has on tons of makeup... has had work and looks old.  From a distance with  the big wig she looks fine.

She is old now.   Why shouldn't she look old?   No sense trying to look 30 when you are far from it.  People trying to beat the aging process look ridiculous IMO.

I think you are confusing looking good, modern, alive, fresh with looking younger than your age.   Diana Ross (and other fab women in their 60's, 70's, 80's) are not trying to look like they are young.  They are trying to good for whatever age they happen to be and since they are happy, vital, active, working; they don't want to slip into "old lady land".   

Trusted Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Closeup from the night of the AMA below. 

I think she looks good, but I like when folks allow their age to show a little.  Those who try to look forever like their peak beauty moment are typically the ones who frighten small children.

[I forgot to mention that I was relieved to see that even she has a looser upper arm.  To me, there is nothing uglier than the upper arm when it is exercised into a convoluted bunch of muscles.  Diana Ross is "supremely" real -- genuine -- to my way of thinking.  She appreciates family and obviously is enjoying her life.] 

Image result for closeup of diana ross at ama

I will keep my opinion of Miss Ross to myself, but I was wondering if she bought that bauble at TJ Maxx? 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for keeping your opinion to yourself and yeah you're probably right -she bought the necklace at TJM. 🙄

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I know and fully realize the truth that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but when I look at this closeup of Diana Ross (below), I see nothing other than an astoundingly beautiful and vibrant woman.  She is so full of life in this photo!

This truth seems undeniable to me, and for some reason, I believe it (her beauty) should be self-evident even if your ideal is that of a Scandinavian or Germanic look.  I see humanity here.

Image result for closeup of diana ross at ama

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think you are confusing looking good, modern, alive, fresh with looking younger than your age.   Diana Ross (and other fab women in their 60's, 70's, 80's) are not trying to look like they are young.  They are trying to good for whatever age they happen to be and since they are happy, vital, active, working; they don't want to slip into "old lady land".   

Actually, I don't think I'm confusing anything.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@chrystaltree

Well stated. 👌🏽

⚓️