Regular Contributor

Re: Dexter - New Blood 7 November

I admit the ending just about made me cry, for Dexter and for Harrison. I will miss this quirky show.

Regular Contributor

As a long time Dexter fan who has watched since the beginning, I hated the ending.  My initial thought was, well, guess there will never be anymore Dexter, and I am disappointed.  I really enjoyed seeing this series again, although I don't like Harrison's character.  Michael C Hall is so good in everything he does, and he played the role of Dexter so well.

I'm not sure a second season with Harrison as the main character, even if Dexter appears like Harry in the original series or like Debra in this one would be as enjoyable for me.  Not saying I wouldn't watch it, but I don't think it would be that good.

I would have rathered that Dexter and Harrison rode off into the sunrise to start a new life somewhere. 

Trusted Contributor

There was a good article in Forbes magazine written by Erik Kain.   I agree with a lot of what he said.  Dexter is one of my favorite characters but I agree he is an addict and once he started killing again he probably wouldn't be able to stop.  I think his recklessness would have gotten Harrison killed and I think Dexter would not have been able to live with that.  I think it was a good way to end the series.

Super Contributor

I agree that this was a good way of ending the series.  However, as a diehard fan, I can't stand that there isn't a possibility of another sequel that would include Dexter (not as a ghostly figure in the background).  I guess this is the closure everyone was waiting for over the past decade.

Respected Contributor

I don't see how another series would work with Harrison not having any of the training that helped Dexter get away with the killings.  No knowledge of how much to inject, how to access it, lots of detail even down to dismemberment which Harrison couldn't even stay in the room for.  It wouldn't make sense for a ghostly Dexter to school him.

Trusted Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I don't see how another series would work with Harrison not having any of the training that helped Dexter get away with the killings.  No knowledge of how much to inject, how to access it, lots of detail even down to dismemberment which Harrison couldn't even stay in the room for.  It wouldn't make sense for a ghostly Dexter to school him.

I agree with you in theory, but I also read that the finale the other day was the most watched show ever on Showtime and the writer is ready to write a new series and is just waiting for Showtime to give him the "Ok."   So I think we will see more of Dexter in some form.