Honored Contributor

Designated Survivor - Possible Spoilers

I'm watching this now (ON DEMAND) I forgot to DVR it...Curious...what do you guys think of this show?

I love/adore Keifer so I have high hopes for this.  I can't believe I'm watching it because I live a few miles outside of DC and hate anything to do with the US government (we are fed politics 24 hours....)  but because I like him...here goes.

I'm interested in what others think.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Designated Survivor - Possible Spoilers

I liked the premier episode.  the premise certainly leads to a lot of different pathways to go down.  

Valued Contributor

Hi Annabelle,

i watched it and will again next week.  I love Keifer and he is good in this show. Lots of intrigue especially that he was going to be re-assigned just before the bombing.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  I read that Vigina Madsen will be on the show and I like her, too.  

There is a Tom Clancy book a bit like this scenario- where the capital is blown up and who takes over.  

Respected Contributor

I watched the first episode and will definitely watch it again.  I find it very interesting and hope it holds my interest at least for the first season.  It is one new show that has a good chance of sticking in there.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed the premise and was a Jack Bauer fan so I have high hopes for the show.

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

Hi Annabelle,

i watched it and will again next week.  I love Keifer and he is good in this show. Lots of intrigue especially that he was going to be re-assigned just before the bombing.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  I read that Vigina Madsen will be on the show and I like her, too.  

There is a Tom Clancy book a bit like this scenario- where the capital is blown up and who takes over.  

Any chance you remember the title, @sassenach1?

Valued Contributor

I like the show. I've never watched much of Kiefer Sutherland, but he was good and I will watch again. What bugged me about the show, and I know this will sound shallow, but all those long hair extensions, down to the waist that his wife wore, were distracting. There...I'm done. 

Honored Contributor

That is far-fetched that he'd look out the window and see the Capitol Building.  If anything happens just about everyone knows the President (and I would assume the Designated Survivor also) would go to Mt Weather.

My husband's old business partner built a mini-mansion near there.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/Mt-Weather-Governments-Backup-Emergency-Operations-Cente...

Honored Contributor

Loved it ....  loved Jack Bauer and how this promises to play out .... BOY, are there a lot of snakes for President Kirkland  to watch out for!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reminder...all programmed now and watching 1st episode On Demand.  Was thinking this did not start until after the first of the year.  Love Keifer too!