Honored Contributor

Designated Survivor - 2019 Season 3

I’m into Episode 3 and keep wondering when they’re going to stop repeating!

I love Keifer Southerland, but especially as Jack Bauer.

Anyone else watching Netflix’s Survivor...#3?

I’m DVRing Tony Awards.

Honored Contributor

Re: Designated Survivor - 2019 Season 3

I stopped watching when they cancelled on the regular channel.  I don't get netflicks

Honored Contributor

I was binging on it the other day....there was a scene in it that was totally uncalled for!

It takes a lot to shock me!  I was shocked and thought it wasn't necessary for them to put that in there.

I won't go any further with this except to say if you watch it remember you aren't on regular TV anymore and they've really pushed the envelope with one scene.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

ITA!

In fact, the language was awful too, IMO. Totally unnecessary!

Did they think they had to get RAW with the language and the “acts” to get our attention?

Started counting the various “emergencies” portrayed in every episode. Poor, poor writing.

KS practically had to run into “situation rooms” every few seconds to put out the flames.

Do the producers of these shows think we are shallow, naive or dumb?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  In answer to your last paragraph.....(in my opinion) the answer is "yes, yes and yes"....that's exactly what these writers think their audience is.

I really believe many in La La land have agenda's and when you see some of the things (writing and portrayals) in some shows, you realize this.

THAT's exactly why I DVR almost every show I watch (when it's possible). 

After watching this episode, I found myself thinking, "What a waste...".  This show could have been maybe a PG13 for someone who wanted a 'LITTLE' insight into how the government works. 

Keeping in mind it is totally fictional, there are parts that are similarly based on what could possibly happen (as far as how the government might react, I mean).

Can you imagine having your .....say 14, 15 year old watching the show and something like that comes up on the screen?  We'd both (the kid and myself) be horrified at the display.

As I've said, I'm not an angel (as far as language, etc).  But part of being an adult is knowing when and where (and if it's even acceptable) to use some of what was said in the company of other's.  

As time goes on, Hollywood seems to be enamored by shows from 'the old days'.  However, they want to make them MODERN and fit into today's society.  

I know this show isn't one of them; but I have to wonder if what we saw here (in this show) is what is to come when they 'redo' the shows many of us watched way back.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling we'd better buckle up and hang onto our hats....either that or do what most young people do these days....stop watching TV.  I don't know any young people (or even ....'I hate this word'... Millennials) who watch much TV.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky You're not missing anything.  It had some vulgar stuff in it...not worth wasting your time.

I don't usually say things like that but it was so unnecessary to throw in some of what they did, it really bothered me.

Maybe I'm just getting old.  I just don't need to see people so entangled with each other I can't tell who's who and what's what.

I think these writers insult their audience and thinks we have no imagination and live as Monks.  Totally unnecessary.