Honored Contributor

Just read Derek has said goodbye to DWTS. He will be a judge on a new NBC show called World Of Dance. He will judge solo dancers, and duos and groups, who will be competing to win $1 million. Derek will be judging with Jennifer Lopez and Ne-Yo on this 10 episode show which will premiere early in the new year. DWTS won't be the same without Derek.

Respected Contributor

Re: Derek Hough Has Left DWTS

That is really bad news.  We love him!

Honored Contributor

Derek was the BEST!  His choreography was no. 1 and his dancing was unmatched IMO.  It will be interesting to see the new show he will be in. Thanks for sharing.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I like Derek too.  But I think some of the other male dancers are just as good.  Time for some of them to get more attention.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just read Derek has said goodbye to DWTS. He will be a judge on a new NBC show called World Of Dance. He will judge solo dancers, and duos and groups, who will be competing to win $1 million. Derek will be judging with Jennifer Lopez and Ne-Yo on this 10 episode show which will premiere early in the new year. DWTS won't be the same without Derek.

Oh, oh, oh, there's going to be a new dance show?  I didn't know!  I never, ever miss So You Think You Can Dance and hope this new show will be just as fabulous!  Julianne Hough is often a judge on SYTYCD.  Love her.

Derek is really a terrific choreographer!!

Contributor

Derek is a "winner" .... do you think because several times he was given "not-so-good-partners" that disqualified him early in the season .... just a thought.

Respected Contributor

Derek was very over rated. Many are every bit as good as him but he always got the best dancers. He thought he was King of the dance floor. Maybe if he gets knocked down a bit he won't think he is better than everyone else.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Derek was very over rated. Many are every bit as good as him but he always got the best dancers. He thought he was King of the dance floor. Maybe if he gets knocked down a bit he won't think he is better than everyone else.

I think he's FABU!!

Honored Contributor

Look for Derek next Wed night in Hairspray on nbc.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly  I was surprised  he came back. I will  miss  him, but he's worked very hard to get where he is. Good luck  to him.