Esteemed Contributor

Denise Richards and hubby

[ Edited ]

Denise Richards and her husband were shot at during a road rage incident.  Thank goodness no one was hurt and they are searching for the suspect.

Denise Richards and her husband shot at in apparent road-rage incident 

TARYN RYDER

November 15, 2022, 8:07 PM

Denise Richards is shaken but otherwise uninjured after she was the victim of a road-rage shooting incident in Los Angeles on Monday, Yahoo Entertainment confirms. The actress was on her way to set with husband, Aaron Phypers, when someone in a nearby car fired at them. A bullet hit the back of their truck.

TMZ, which broke the story, posted a photo that appears to show a bullet hole near the back of the driver's side of the couple's vehicle. Phypers was reportedly behind the wheel and having trouble finding the studio where Richards was set to film. The driver of a car behind them became frustrated and shouted at them as the person squeezed in front of them. Phypers let the driver in. The man then shot at the pair's truck. Fortunately, no one was injured.

The Wild Things star was rightfully rattled when she arrived to set and was sobbing, according to TMZ's report. However, she powered through and filmed for 12 hours.

A rep for Richards had no further comment at this time. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that it is investigating the incident, which took place at near the intersection of Slauson and Western Avenues.

Richards and Phypers celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary in September. The 51-year-old actress and Phypers showcased their laidback relationship during her two-season stint on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. He runs a holistic healing center in Malibu, Calif.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: Denise Richards and hubby

These incidents are getting to be far too common.  We've had 2 happen here in the last 2 weeks that are notable.  

1.  Guy was enraged because another guy in a truck pulling a work trailer cut him off in order to take the exit off the interstate.  Second guy followed him tailgating.  First guy pulled over and got out of the truck to approach the tailgater.  He was shot through the heart and died instantly.  He had just moved to this State 3 weeks ago and didn't know his way around yet.  Left 3 young kids to be supported by a single mom now.

2.  Karma got this one.  A truck signaled to move to the left lane and the guy behind didn't want to let him in.  Truck turned left and the guy behind tailgated and cursed.  Then he pulled up to the side of the truck cursing and pointed a gun.  The truck let him in front and then..... he turned on the red and blue lights of his unmarked police vehicle.  Pulled the guy over and put him in handcuffs.  Dude is now cooling his heels and sleeping on a hard slab at the jail.  Charged with a felony he won't be legally carrying a gun anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

These incidents are getting to be far too common.  We've had 2 happen here in the last 2 weeks that are notable.  

1.  Guy was enraged because another guy in a truck pulling a work trailer cut him off in order to take the exit off the interstate.  Second guy followed him tailgating.  First guy pulled over and got out of the truck to approach the tailgater.  He was shot through the heart and died instantly.  He had just moved to this State 3 weeks ago and didn't know his way around yet.  Left 3 young kids to be supported by a single mom now.

2.  Karma got this one.  A truck signaled to move to the left lane and the guy behind didn't want to let him in.  Truck turned left and the guy behind tailgated and cursed.  Then he pulled up to the side of the truck cursing and pointed a gun.  The truck let him in front and then..... he turned on the red and blue lights of his unmarked police vehicle.  Pulled the guy over and put him in handcuffs.  Dude is now cooling his heels and sleeping on a hard slab at the jail.  Charged with a felony he won't be legally carrying a gun anymore.

Yes, I agree.  I don't know if it's in the food we're eating, the water or what.  But it seems people have lost their minds and are triggered by the stupidest of things.  Just awful, I agree.

Where I am the Parking causes fights.  They put the orange cones out to save spots and get mad when someone comes along needing a space removes the cone to park.  PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO block off the street for their needs.  They don't.  No one does anything about it either.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Scooby Doo   When I read things like your # 2.......  I say, And who says there is no God.  😏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

Hi @gertrudecloset 

Glad no one got hurt.  Yikes.  

Did you ever watch them on the Beverly Hills Housewives?  

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @gertrudecloset 

Glad no one got hurt.  Yikes.  

Did you ever watch them on the Beverly Hills Housewives?  

No.  I only know Denise Richards from being married to what guy was it?  I'm glad no one was hurt too.  It's a doggone shame what's going on.  Can't ride the trains, drive your car, walk the street....

@justashopper 

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset Charlie Sheen...

Trusted Contributor

When these incidents start to happen to the "privileged" who support ideas that keep the dangerous status quo to continue, then things might hopefully change for all of us.   Let them see how we are forced to live.   May the "targets" of these dangerous times change.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@justashopper wrote:

@gertrudecloset Charlie Sheen...

Ok, ok, ok.  See, I couldn't remember.  Yes, I know her from Charlie Sheen and the time he was having trouble.  She's seems happily re-married now @justashopper !  The odd thing is that they were on their way to or from a studio for a taping when this happened.  Thanks for the reminder.  It was on the tip of my tongue....

Honored Contributor

"The driver of a car behind them became frustrated and shouted at them as the person squeezed in front of them. Phypers let the driver in. The man then shot at the pair's truck."

"a bullet hole near the back of the driver's side of the couple's vehicle. "

Must have been a magic bullet to be able to swerve from the front of vehicle to back. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif