Honored Contributor

Decades TV - Rebranding and Format Change

I like to catch the Through the Decades program and I wait for the weekend series binge.  I'm not much of a 77 Sunset Strip fan (this weekend's series binge) however I tuned in when COZI TV decided to preempt my favorite Saturday shows for golf programming.

I saw the ad about Decades TV rebranding itself as 'Catchy Comedy' (you read that right) on March 27th.  The channel will be comedy show driven with comedy show driven series binges.

No more through the decades, Dark Shadows when I get up before the crack o dawn or the cool series binges that included a variety of programming genres.

I'll enjoy Mod Squad next week and then bid the channel adieu.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Decades TV - Rebranding and Format Change

I miss Decades, we lost it in 2018 when that channel became START TV

Respected Contributor

There was a post about this a few weeks ago. I don't think is a good idea. I still get Start tv. So I'll be watching more on that channel. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many 'nostaligia' channels out there and my cable provider gets several of them, but wish we got more. It seems default programming has now become to binge whatever series, comedy or drama, they've rented into infinity. I'm so tired of seeing reruns of the same tired shows listed over and over often for days at a time. Many of them, I wasn't interested in when they were first run, so I'm sure not interested in them now. Television has become such a wasted resource.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I love Decades & I am VERY disappointed in its rebranding--what sucks is most of the comedies they are adding can be found on other networks!  Good news for @Bird mama: from what I've read, they are still doing the weekend binge.

Respected Contributor

I will miss Through the Decades.  I also like to watch a little of the Ed Sullivan show that airs before it and I will miss that too.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

There are so many 'nostaligia' channels out there and my cable provider gets several of them, but wish we got more. It seems default programming has now become to binge whatever series, comedy or drama, they've rented into infinity. I'm so tired of seeing reruns of the same tired shows listed over and over often for days at a time. Many of them, I wasn't interested in when they were first run, so I'm sure not interested in them now. Television has become such a wasted resource.

@stevieb     Me, too!    Especially the "blood & guts" CRIME SHOWS I can do without!      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I no longer get Decades and miss it. Always watched Ed Sullivan. Enjoyed the retro shows during the day, too, and weekend binges.  Too bad they're getting rid of some of that.Mostly I watch Cozi TV, Antenna TV, MeTV and Hallmark.

Honored Contributor

Ed Sullivan also airs on ME TV on Sun nights at 10 ET. 

Honored Contributor

@Sharbou   Yes they will be continuing the weekend binges....of comedy shows.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise