Trusted Contributor

Re: Debris On NBC

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 I'm halfway through episode 2 and I think I'm going to cut it.  I like to give a show 3 episodes before cutting, but I'm really not wowed by this show.  I'm glad you're enjoying it, though!  

Edit:  I cut it.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

I thought I need to watch more than one episode but I really found myself not paying attention to this episode.  Guess if you are not paying attention, it's time to go on to something else.  In my case, I started reading a book.  

Honored Contributor

Gave it a second try.  Meh.  I think the premise is interesting regarding the alien spaceship debris falling but could be written better.  Acting is so-so.

It reminds me somewhat of "The TommyKnockers" by Stephen King.

Jonathan Tucker was in Parenthood and I though he was a tad creepy in that so I keep looking at him in that light.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Debris On NBC

[ Edited ]

This show has elements of Invasion of the Body Snatchers where things (pods) fall from outer space and change things on earth...like people.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I loved The Body Snatchers/Invasion of the Body Snatchers' movies.  Donald Sutherland version is still my favorite.

I haven't watched Debris yet.  Just read the various web "cliff notes/synopsis" for each episode & the comments in this thread.  I may watch on On Demand before I start my "weekend"  AP & Netflix binge watching.  Went to the store this a.m. to restock

Orville Redenbacher popcorn.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Tried it twice and wanted to like it, however, too slow and not interesting enough to keep me going.

CUT!!!

Valued Contributor

I found myself looking away and not paying attention....apparently it's not holding my interest.  When I have to work hard to understand it, it's not for me.

Honored Contributor

My friend I eat lunch with every week said she was thinking of watching it.

I told her to be prepared to be confused!  

She said it had had better not be like “Lost”.  I told her I can’t even say that....that’s how confused I am!

She asked why I’m still watching it.  I told her I feel like I might have a brain f@rt and figure out the plot.

She said “I know you and I don’t think that’s going to happen”.  Ha! 

Stay tuned!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the last episode about the weird dimensional square in the field. After watching it I remembered an old Outer Limits episode titled "The Heist" (1996). If you get a chance watch it....it's good.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I enjoyed the last episode about the weird dimensional square in the field. After watching it I remembered an old Outer Limits episode titled "The Heist" (1996). If you get a chance watch it....it's good.

@SilleeMee 

I enjoyed this third episode, too.  I'm getting a bit more drawn into the background story now, so I'll keep watching for a while longer.  Still think the first episode was dumb - I'm amazed that someone decided to go with the series after that pilot.  Geesh.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett