Honored Contributor

Susan Slept Here movie today on TCM @2:00 eastern.

Debbie Reynolds and Dlck Powell. I loved this movie soooo much. Deb's a teen-ager (going on 30) Listen for Don Cornell singing about halfway thru. She's in the kitchen and turns on the radio. She has to put her head in the freezer to cool off when she hears his voice. I know the feeling.

Trusted Contributor

I have a soft spot in my heart for this movie because I can clearly remember my father taking me to see this.

I have to check the date, but I was around 5 I think, and my mother stayed at home with my toddler brother.

I remember my father telling me, before we went into the theater that the girl in the movie was engaged (I think this was before she was married, again I'm not sure) to Eddie Fisher.  I knew well who Eddie was because we had his records at home, his big hit was "Oh My Papa", and he was on TV frequently.

I remember watching and liking the movie though I'm sure a lot went over my head.

My parents always took me to the movies from the time I was very small.

Honored Contributor

She was in a film w/ RJ, Bing Crosby,Ray Walston called "Say One for Me". Music is great. One of the tunes is "Christmas Things you do all Year". The film was voted one of the 50 worst films of all time.

Respected Contributor

Another favorite of mine. After this is over, "Desk Set" with Tracey and Hepburn is on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  - I love this movie and the 1950's decor.   Even though it is dated, I still enjoy it every time.  Debbie Reynolds and D*ck Powell are good in their roles, but it is a bit of a stretch to think he is supposedly 31!

I'll be watching!

Honored Contributor

Re: Debbie Reynolds

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@Judaline  - I love this movie and the 1950's decor.   Even though it is dated, I still enjoy it every time.  Debbie Reynolds and D*ck Powell are good in their roles, but it is a bit of a stretch to think he is supposedly 31!

I'll be watching!

I know, twin, but they still look good together! She was saying her mother is 34 and he said, 'I'm older than that.' And she said, "OLDER THAN 34????" Ha! I used to laugh at that line. Now I identify with it.

ETA Debbie wasn't really 17 in this movie, either!

Just saw on this channel a summary of Christmas movies. They showed tidbits of Holiday Affair. The little boy in the movie (a good little actor) was on and he has gray hair now...............oh, no! Anyway, he said it was so hot in CA when they made this film and he said, 'there we were, the whole cast, in hats, coats and mufflers, just burning up." So funny. Trivia, love it.

Honored Contributor

Darn, I missed it as it aired at 11am here.  But I found another airing on Friday at 9:15am, so I scheduled it.  Sounds like fun and I just adore Debbie Reynolds.  I have both of her books and they were both a great read (you need to get the first one, as the second one picks up where the first one left off).

Thanks!  Smiley Happy