Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch Deadwood the Movie? It was one of the few series "finales" that IMO stays true to the storyline, characters, and tone. The series itself ended abruptly, so it was good to see that the movie did a great job in tying up loose ends for a satisfying conclusion.

Honored Contributor

I haven’t yet but really loved the series!

Super Contributor

Timothy Olyphant = EVERYTHING !!!!!!  :Cat Tongue Cat Very Happy

But he is not the only reason that I added HBO to our Hulu this month.  This series was amazing.  Can't wait to watch !!!!

Respected Contributor

What I wouldn’t give for HBO! Fingers crossed the movie will come to Netflix. 

Esteemed Contributor

No I haven't heard of the movie or series...I will definitely be checking both out tonight....Would you recommend that I watch the series first or just go to the movie?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I didn't see the series but DH and I put the movie on tonight.  We lasted about 30 minutes.   Awful.   Something about a western that sounded like Shakespeare just didn't do it for us.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

No I haven't heard of the movie or series...I will definitely be checking both out tonight....Would you recommend that I watch the series first or just go to the movie?

I think I would watch the series first since the movie is supposed to tie up loose ends 

Respected Contributor

Re: Deadwood the Movie

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

———————————

You may want to know that this was a groundbreaking show with very graphic language and intense violence. Not everyone’s cup of tea but the characters were amazing. (Gerald McRaney was terrifying as his character so that tells you something!)

I haven’t seen it, but I don’t think watching the movie would make much sense out of context. For example, I’m hoping they open a can of peaches, which would mean nothing if you hadn’t seen the series 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse @tucsongal ...Thanks for your replies!

I watched the first two episodes of the series last night and couldn't really get into it...Then, out of curiosity, I checked out the movie and watched about 45 minutes.

I'm not a fan of frontier/western-type movies to begin with, but I have to say that I did think this series and movie were done very well so I would rate Deadwood very good to excellent and a definite must-see for those that are fans for these types of movies.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@annespan wrote:

Timothy Olyphant = EVERYTHING !!!!!!  :Cat Tongue Cat Very Happy

But he is not the only reason that I added HBO to our Hulu this month.  This series was amazing.  Can't wait to watch !!!!

HAVE MERCY! You got that right, sister!  Timothy is HOT!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.