Respected Contributor

Re: Daytime Emmys Tonite 6/26

I watched 'at it' -- pretty meh for the most part. I like some zoom type shows. I find the backgrounds of rooms & pets /children interesting sometimes. 

I digress, but i will never understand why Jimmy Kimmel broadcast from the dated room in his house ? Smiley Happy

The reason I watch award shows anymore are for the fashions. The hosts looked pretty. I loved Carrie Ann 's red.

I used to be a watcher of Y&R. I enjoyed the mention of Aretha Franklin's being such a fan . Also the homage (of sort ) to Kristoff . 

I hope if things ever return to normal the antenna stations will broadcast it.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the one good thing that can come out of covid is the end of award shows.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay It is interesting seeing various people's houses, I agree.

I don't like it when it's obvious they've put something fake up just to make 'it' look more professional.

So  Byron James must have won his second one last night.

I thought I read once where most of the time the 'stars' themselves submit their name and the episode they think might win the emmy for them.  

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Maybe the one good thing that can come out of covid is the end of award shows.

@colliegirls YES... I knew there had to be some kind of upside...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  James won a younger actor Emmy back in 2006... Maybe he was deserving of it, I don't know, I wasn't watching then... But there's no way he earned a supporting actor Emmy... The man has one emotion and that's flat affect... He's awful and nobody they pair him with can liven him up... After the younger actor win, he submitted his tapes four times for another Emmy and finally lucked out... Personally, especially given some of the competition, I view it as a travesty...

Honored Contributor

I watched the first ten minutes and turned it off.  I didn't recognize Sharon Osbourne until she started to speak.  Sharon, please go back to red hair; blond does not go well with your skin tone.  IMO it looks awful.  Smiley Sad

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Start at 8 o'clock here, by 810 I had turned it off, nope not interested

Respected Contributor

I recorded it and FF thru most of it.  Wasnt all that good.  I did only watch to see the catagory nominations and then the winner.  It really didnt take very long to watch lol.

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie Sharon said she went with the white/grey look after seeing how good Fonda looked with grey hair and because it had gotten to the point that she had to have the red color applied weekly... It is a very stark contrast to her former look, but she's now had this color for a while...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

Thanks for your reply.  The Emmys show is the first time I saw Sharon as a blond/white/grey look.  I don't watch her show so hadn't seen it before now.  I still think blond is NOT the color for her and hope she can find a compromise that works.  Coloring is a chemical and should not have to be applied weekly.  I know from experience all about that.  That's why I stopped coloring entirely and went silver. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~