Trusted Contributor

Re: Daytime Emmys Tonite 6/26

Thanks @stevieb. I didn't realize they were on already. They will be over by the time they are on here in AZ, so I can just read the winners! I don't think Days will get many, if any, and that's the only one I kind of watch.

Honored Contributor

This is boring! I don't think the show is live, I get the feeling the winners were notified ahead of time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So this is just bad. I wanted to see how they were going to handle this virtual nonsense so turned on the first two awards... Bad... Really bad... The show format is lame enough but oh boy Bryton James and those acceptance speeches... I lasted less than ten minutes, but I saw what I thought I'd see... Better luck next year...

@stevieb  - same here.  After the first two wins and acceptance speeches, I changed it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This is boring! I don't think the show is live, I get the feeling the winners were notified ahead of time. 

I agree.

Honored Contributor

Such a shame. They bring this show back after years of not televising it and they do this to it... It was predictable but this is just garbage... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So this is just bad. I wanted to see how they were going to handle this virtual nonsense so turned on the first two awards... Bad... Really bad... The show format is lame enough but oh boy Bryton James and those acceptance speeches... I lasted less than ten minutes, but I saw what I thought I'd see... Better luck next year...

@stevieb  - same here.  After the first two wins and acceptance speeches, I changed it.

@twinsister  The 'winners' were insulting enough, but then they had to compound matters with their pearls of wisdom... I am SO over 'celebrity' verbiage... Even minor celebrity verbiage...

Trusted Contributor

I don't think the winners knew yet. I read that all of the nominees had to record their acceptance speeches ahead of time and they would play the winner's when it was announced. So sad for the ones who didn't win to have to record a voctory speech (or political opinion).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting because when this was an actual event they wouldn't televise it, but they bring the viewers this hot mess... Seems like this was nothing more than a sorry attempt to keep soaps on the minds of viewers, given new episodes of most of them haven't been broadcast in months... CBS, who decided to broadcast the awards, has two soaps left and both have been showing reruns since March, so they have the most to lose if the audience doesn't return in full force when new shows resume... There had to be a better way to do this or maybe they just shouldn't have bothered...

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Thanks @stevieb. I didn't realize they were on already. They will be over by the time they are on here in AZ, so I can just read the winners! I don't think Days will get many, if any, and that's the only one I kind of watch.

Only award one by a Days actor was Claire, as young female actress, yikes!!

Esteemed Contributor

I only made it through the first win and turned it off.  What a shame.