Valued Contributor

Re: Days of Our Lives Fans Big News

Every time I hear more news it's just more mass shootings , more virus , Covid now monkey pox and politics !  Sick , l like the commercials better !

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick  I wonder if you'll get a "we've received your email and someone will get back to you shortly. We are extremely busy, blah, blah blah" or nothing. Please let us know. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Sounds like they'll phase out broadcasting of NBC and will become only a streaming service. I think they will.  Besides Soaps are passe now. They really are melodrama. And most of them are gone. That type of genre doesn't fit watching them in this modern world. 

They've been around since radio days. Maybe they'll go back from whence they came!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline   yeah I did.  It also said something to the effect it would not be passed on to certain departments and programming was one of those.  At least I am trying...lol.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

I just followed Mama Wick and sent negative feedback to NBC.  I even stole your word.....terrible.  Doubt it will help but I gave it a try.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@Judaline   yeah I did.  It also said something to the effect it would not be passed on to certain departments and programming was one of those.  At least I am trying...lol.

And you're doing a good job, Mama. Maybe some DAYSIES from all over will come and picket NBC. Probably someone picketing them every day about something, so it wouldn't do any good. MacDonald Carey is not happy!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  Thank you for this information. I downloaded Peacock TV last week without knowing. I will not pay for Peacock Plus because that's what they're going to probably do, pull us in and then try to make us buy plus.

I don't feel one bit sad because they did this to themselves with the outlandish storylines. If they actors were wise they'd move to a major network soap if they could. 

This streaming BS is just that. They'd have you believe that streaming is a better viewing venue, but it's not national television sorry. They sunk this show purposely.

Funny thing yesterday I was so disgusted and disappointed and tuned out 15 minutes in. I never do that. It was that insulting to me. 
I always said I would stay with Days until it was over. I feel now that this change is as good as over! 

Now I’m free to go…. If I want, and let myself off the hook.

I'll  really only miss Brady, Victor, EJ, Sami and maybe Doc... a little. 

Super Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Sounds like they'll phase out broadcasting of NBC and will become only a streaming service. I think they will.  Besides Soaps are passe now. They really are melodrama. And most of them are gone. That type of genre doesn't fit watching them in this modern world. 

Frankly I'm surprised soaps have lasted this long.  Younger generations are used to nonstop social media plus a massive choice of things to watch on streaming. Soaps seem silly compared to the more complex shows on cable and streaming.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@Shelbelle  Thank you for this information. I downloaded Peacock TV last week without knowing. I will not pay for Peacock Plus because that's what they're going to probably do, pull us in and then try to make us buy plus.

I don't feel one bit sad because they did this to themselves with the outlandish storylines. If they actors were wise they'd move to a major network soap if they could. 

This streaming BS is just that. They'd have you believe that streaming is a better viewing venue, but it's not national television sorry. They sunk this show purposely.

Funny thing yesterday I was so disgusted and disappointed and tuned out 15 minutes in. I never do that. It was that insulting to me. 
I always said I would stay with Days until it was over. I feel now that this change is as good as over! 

Now I’m free to go…. If I want, and let myself off the hook.

I'll  really only miss Brady, Victor, EJ, Sami and maybe Doc... a little. 

I'll never miss Doc. She irritates me no end, smiling thru her tears.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Frankly I'm surprised soaps have lasted this long.  Younger generations are used to nonstop social media plus a massive choice of things to watch on streaming. Soaps seem silly compared to the more complex shows on cable and streaming.

I don't think younger generations really watch soaps. They used to, but grew out of them. Probably why the soaps are having more and more bed scenes, trying to lure them back.