Trusted Contributor

Re: Days SPOILERS, week of 06/29/2015

The return of the "oldies" will definitely have THIS oldie (ME) return to watch Days!  The only news I don't like is Rafe with Eve. 

But I can't count the times I re-wound and re-watched that episode of Kayla in that red dress as that song "Lady in Red" played as Patch lovingly looked at her. "Lady in red, is dancing with me," .....oh my, that was a lovely episode.  And Bo and Hope to be reunited??.  And I loved that Shawn and Belle. 

So maybe an old pastime of mine is about to come full circle and the oldies will bring me back home. 

Respected Contributor

I am so excited about the return of some of the old characters.  I cannot stand Eve. She is a horrible person and I can't believe they would even consider pairing her and Rafe.  I may have not been very old when I started watching (yes, I'm a 'lifer'), but I remember Doug and Julie and Bill and Laura and Maggie and Mickey.  And my favorite summer of Mike Jr and Scotty (Julie's son)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli wrote:

I am so excited about the return of some of the old characters.  I cannot stand Eve. She is a horrible person and I can't believe they would even consider pairing her and Rafe.  I may have not been very old when I started watching (yes, I'm a 'lifer'), but I remember Doug and Julie and Bill and Laura and Maggie and Mickey.  And my favorite summer of Mike Jr and Scotty (Julie's son)

I am also a lifer. FYI, Julie's son is David Banning, one of her ex hubby's was named Scott Banning.   Doug and Julie are my most fave characters ever, always a good day for me when they are on, and they will be on fairly often this summer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another lifer here, and while I stopped watching Days a few months ago when my husband broke his hip, I have kept up with it by reading the daily soap update online (thanks, Shelbelle for the tip) and reading this forum.  After hearing about some of these former cast members coming back, I may have to watch again as they are some of my favoriate characters.  But as many of you have said, I hate to see Rafe paired up with Eve.  He's a good guy who deserves better, and I wish they'd find him a decent love interest.

Honored Contributor

I keep kidding my coworkers and saying next ones to return will be Tom and Alice!!!

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Another lifer here, and while I stopped watching Days a few months ago when my husband broke his hip, I have kept up with it by reading the daily soap update online (thanks, Shelbelle for the tip) and reading this forum.  After hearing about some of these former cast members coming back, I may have to watch again as they are some of my favoriate characters.  But as many of you have said, I hate to see Rafe paired up with Eve.  He's a good guy who deserves better, and I wish they'd find him a decent love interest.

Quite welcome, those summaries come in handy!!! Anyone else who is interested the daily summaries can be found on soapssheknows.com, they are very detailed and helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Hi lori,

Yes I was an Aiden fan when he was ATWT.  I loved him there and he is such a gorgeous man.   Will miss seeing that face, but i really don't like his character on DAYS.

I HATE THESE BOARDS!!!

Honored Contributor

Caroline has some kind of memory problem because it was just a week or two ago when she wondered aloud how Sami and the children and was reminded that she had visited with them two weeks earlier.
Honored Contributor

Don't you know we're supposed to forget that? (I wouldn't mind forgetting that). I think she is really a good actress, and I like her to pop in and out, but really hope they don't build a story around her. Just doesn't hold my interest. I admire them for even keeping her in the story.

I hate the new forums, too, snow. 

lori, when's the surgery?

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
Caroline has some kind of memory problem because it was just a week or two ago when she wondered aloud how Sami and the children and was reminded that she had visited with them two weeks earlier.

Caroline has Alzheimer's with THESE WRITERS.  She will not with the incoming head writer; I thought I made that clear.

As for Victor "having a bad side", he one of the bigtime villains of the show, he had more than a bad side.  And he was great.  I think it's John Anniston's stand-up quality delivery of his lines that has morphed him into the Jester and keeper of Maggie's New-Son and New-Granddaughter.  Right now let's just say that someone in the stands has the ball and we need the new-old head writer to give it back to him, actually two of them.