Respected Contributor

David Visetin Love it or List it

Has anyone else noticed a common theme on HGTVs "Love it or List it" ? Real estate agent David continually loses to Hillary. Ive watched 10 straight shows and the couple has "Loved it" every time. How this real estate agent continues to have a job amazes me. Is he employed by an agency or is he an independent broker dealer ? He is constantly behind the eight ball and does not seem to fullfill the buyers wishes time and time again. I have to wonder if he is tone deaf. He does seem lile a very stubborn individual and seems to find houses that he likes rather than his clients.
Honored Contributor

Re: David Visetin Love it or List it

@Reever I watched a few episodes a few years ago but found them at one point to both be so annoying I couldn't watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

Lol.   I watch the show too.  He does not always lose!  I don't  know anything about him in real life, but like Hillary, he mostly has to operate within some very constraining parameters. He does a good job with it I think, after all you can only show what's available.  There is a budget that is usually fairly unrealistic and per the customers the house must have a wish list items and usually must be in the couple's current neighborhood, which means that makes it pricier.   It's one person who wants to stay.  One who wants to leave (list). Usually Hillary's renovations are spectacular and wins people over with the surprise at how nice it is, the connection they already have with the house (so it's sentimental and familiar) and budget wise it's usually the more affordable option.  Certainly easier not to move.  I would love for Hillary to renovate any house I have.  The show itself it pretty formulaic.  You know it's the last house that David shows that's the contender.  And Hillary will surprise and dazzle.  In between, there's always unforeseen house renovation issues and the need for more money or less to be done.  Many times David requires a higher budget too.  I like the show tho!

@Reever 

Honored Contributor

This show is so scripted and predictable in every way, that I stopped watching it years ago.  Frankly, I'm surprised it still has an audience. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think they're on a kick now where she always wins. He used to win almost every time.

Occasional Contributor

You do know that David and Hillary are husband and wife, right? So neither of them really loses, they have a successful TV show. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @Frangelina   Although they may appear as bickering spouses on their show, David is married to Krista Visenten, not Hillary.

Honored Contributor

@Frangelina wrote:

You do know that David and Hillary are husband and wife, right? So neither of them really loses, they have a successful TV show. 

@Frangelina   David and Hillary are absolutely not married.  David is married to someone else, and Hillary is divorced.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Hillary is the best designer on HGTV.  I always love what she does.  Unless the house is just way too small, I would choose her design over moving, too.  I would love to have her help me with my house.  I wish she had a show with only her and her designs.

I think David does a good job within the parameters he is given.  I agree with what @moonandthestars  said in message 3 about David.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

From my personal experience as both a home owner as well as some years of real estate work, I believe the choice of where to own real estate as a home is often more emotional than it is financial.  

That would seem to give Hillary a huge advantage - especially because the choice the owners make at the end is between a neighborhood one of them was already fully committed to and a new and empty home in a neighborhood to which neither has any emotional connection.

IMO both Hillary and David do their jobs well.  In many cases with that show, I often thought the owners best choice would have been to move into the home David found for them and hire someone to help them organize and decorate it.