Respected Contributor

Re: David Visetin Love it or List it

I am sure the shows are scripted and nothing is reality. 

However, I do enjoy watching and pretending it is real.  I always wonder how the house will look when they haul all their stuff back in after Hillary has made it look so perfect.  I guess they get rid of their own furniture but then if they get the new house they must have kept it somewhere so they can move it to the new one.  I love Hillary's taste and ability to figure out how to make things work better but sometimes you just need a bigger place.  I have never lived in a neighborhood I loved so much that I would not move for a bigger better place.  

Honored Contributor

What ever happened to the decorator (don't remember the show) where she used material to cover a whole wall instead of painting it?  She did a good job.  I can't even remember her  name.

Honored Contributor

I do have to say I love how Hilary decorates. The homes look sos beautiful when she is finished. I too, wonder how it ends up looking after he couple get their own furniture and decor in there...I also wonder if they can purchase any of the items that Hilary uses....She definitely has a good eye......

Respected Contributor

No issue with Hillary. Its David who I would like to see replaced.
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Reever I watched a few episodes a few years ago but found them at one point to both be so annoying I couldn't watch anymore.

Ditto.  They are both just awful.  Worst show ever on HGTV.  I really don't know how it keeps getting renewed.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I do have to say I love how Hilary decorates. The homes look sos beautiful when she is finished. I too, wonder how it ends up looking after he couple get their own furniture and decor in there...I also wonder if they can purchase any of the items that Hilary uses....She definitely has a good eye......

@CANDLEQUEEN   I read online that the owners have the option to buy,  I usually don't like the furniture Hilary chooses

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Why?

the whole show is fake.  It is for entertainment purposes only.  Found this on the web.

6EA037ED-0CAA-4959-A58C-3DB5A364A1AF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I think just a good cleaning and clearing junk out would be a good option for some of the people.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching because to me Hillary is one of the most annoying people on planet Earth.

And as far as houses, I don't get emotionally attached to them so far.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Why?

the whole show is fake.  It is for entertainment purposes only.  Found this on the web.

6EA037ED-0CAA-4959-A58C-3DB5A364A1AF.jpeg

@Carmie Well, that is disappointing to find out. Smiley Sad I realized that the back and forth between Hillary and Visentin was for show, but I never would have thought that the outcome is rigged. Bummer!

I do enjoy watching what Hillary does to improve a home, as I have been renovating my place since last winter....a little here, a little there. I find that I pick up very good tips from this show and also from the Home Town series.