Honored Contributor

David Foster GREAT PERFORMANCES “HITMAN”

https://www.pbs.org/video/hitman-david-foster-friends-preview-ahpczh/

DH recorded this PBS concert (2008) and we watched it over the weekend. I must sound like a “rube” when I tell you that his songs coupled with a beautiful orchestra...think St. Elmo’s Fire theme song! Heavenly!

I could not believe that songs by  “Earth. Wind and Fire, “ Celine Dion” “Andrew Bocelli” Peter Cetera, Michael Buble, and on the list goes. It seems he either wrote or produced so many songs/scores I love.

I guess this may not be news to many, but it sure was to me and I’m impressed!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: David Foster GREAT PERFORMANCES “HITMAN”

I have seen this at least 10 times from 2008 and it reasurfaced again last year, one of the best musical shows I have ever seen, I hated for it to end. All that talent in one show is amazing.

Honored Contributor

David Foster is an awesome composer, songwriter, collaborator. I’ve seen some of his specials and loved them especially the one with Anthony Bocelli. Pure and simple - he’s so gifted.

Respected Contributor

I've watched it several times over the years and watched it in part again last week or so on my local PBS station. Excellent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

https://www.pbs.org/video/hitman-david-foster-friends-preview-ahpczh/

DH recorded this PBS concert (2008) and we watched it over the weekend. I must sound like a “rube” when I tell you that his songs coupled with a beautiful orchestra...think St. Elmo’s Fire theme song! Heavenly!

I could not believe that songs by  “Earth. Wind and Fire, “ Celine Dion” “Andrew Bocelli” Peter Cetera, Michael Buble, and on the list goes. It seems he either wrote or produced so many songs/scores I love.

I guess this may not be news to many, but it sure was to me and I’m impressed!

@LTT1  He is indeed very talented.  A little more useless information on David Foster...He used to be married to Yolanda Hadid, mother of models Bella and Gigi Hadid.  When Yolanda and David divorced, she went back to her former name, although not her maiden name.  It's the last name of a former husband, her children's father.  Maybe having the same last name as her kids was easier, maybe she just wanted to sock it to Foster, who knows?  I don't konw what was going on within their marriage to bring that about other than him reaching the end of his rope in dealing with Yolanda, her Lymes Disease and other illnesses, her multiple methods of alternative treatments, and becoming housebound for a very long time. I never read anything about there being someone else in the picture nor do I know if there is now - doesn't matter.  When Yolanda was a BH housewife, there was an occasion or two where he would play the piano for their guests when having a dinner party.  I think maybe Andrea Bocelli might have done a private performance too.  I know someone famous did.  Foster is very good friends with Dr. Phil.  I have to laugh at reading this.  Yes, watching the RHOBH is a guilty pleasure of mine, but all the fringe info is just stuff I've read along the way.  

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

David Foster is an awesome composer, songwriter, collaborator. I’ve seen some of his specials and loved them especially the one with Anthony Bocelli. Pure and simple - he’s so gifted.

@OKPrincess

We've seen David Foster with Andrea Bocelli in concert several times.

In 2009 in collaborated he collaborated with AB on on Bocelli's Christmas album.  Coincidentally DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was dreadful)

We saw the 2 together when AB came out with an album of movie hits.  DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was dreadful)

AB came out with an album of love songs. (Portofino PBS special)  After the special AB toured the US with DF. DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was once again dreadful)

DF is so incredibly talented but he is such a little worm.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess

We've seen David Foster with Andrea Bocelli in concert several times.

In 2009 in collaborated he collaborated with AB on on Bocelli's Christmas album.  Coincidentally DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was dreadful)

We saw the 2 together when AB came out with an album of movie hits.  DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was dreadful)

AB came out with an album of love songs. (Portofino PBS special)  After the special AB toured the US with DF. DF brought along Katharine McPhee. (who was once again dreadful)

DF is so incredibly talented but he is such a little worm.

Oh my. Apparently DF and KM are a couple.

34DECC16-1733-44F6-A8FE-AB544D0842E9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess@lulu1@JeanLouiseFinch@catter70@Shelbelle

Well, thank you for all of the info. I guess if you are appealing to the eye, in the world of fame, you win by being not such a “nice guy.”

Oh, the talent on that show.

Apparently, it was set in LascVegas. I have never heard such sound quality come out of a tv. 

Lots of talent...all right there under one roof!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I had never heard of David Foster until I saw him on the Housewives of Beverly Hills. From there I realized how talented he is and all he has done in his career.