Honored Contributor

Re: David Cassidy slurs, falls, forgets during concert

He is suffering from Dimentia. Read it on the news this a.m. Someone else may have mentioned it. I'm not reading 5 pages worth right now to find out. Sorry.

Respected Contributor

Another one of my teenage crushes.  It makes me really sad that he suffers from dementia.  I was a huge Partridge family fan and just loved David.  I hope that he has some good medical care lined up.  Dementia is a terrible disease.

Valued Contributor

NBC news reporting that David Cassidy announced he has dementia (as did his mother and at least once grandparent), so he is stopping touring to focus on his health.

Valued Contributor

If you haven't read Shirley Jones' memoir ... she has quite shocking things to say about her late husband and comments on the size of David and her sons' "units"!!!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Perhaps it was drugs or alcohol but maybe he had a stroke or some other medical emergency. 

@chrystaltree  No. just  his addiction.

Really?  Are you part of his medical team?

I think you might be wrong.

Valued Contributor

It's no secret that he had/has a terrible drinking problem. Alcohol induced dementia is a real thing. It differs from other dementia in that you can go downhill very quickly. My FIL has it. It's very sad. He made terrible business and financial decisions, and ruined  family relationships before he stopped drinking.

I'm not David Cassidy's Dr. but having experience with both these diseases (alcoholism and alcohol related dementia) , I certainly think that it could be a possibility and not just  genetic thing.

Honored Contributor

There are various causes of dementia but regardless of how ones end up with it, it is still a very horrible and debilitating disease. 

Someone getting dementia due to alcohol abuse is still in a very bad way and it's a very sad, sad situation.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

It makes me SMH that people are so quick to judge everyone, even if his episode was strictly was alcohol related.

I posted in another thread about this but so many people on this board were saying awful things about Connie Kunkle from Evine and the way she was acting.  People accused her of being drunk and it turned out she passed at the age of 58 from dementia.

Now there is a thread where Paula Deen is being accused of showing up to Evine and being drunk.