Honored Contributor

David Cassidy slurs, falls, forgets during concert

[ Edited ]

David Cassidy has been battling his alcohol addiction for years now.  He better decide to get the help before it kills him, which it will if he does not change his ways. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/david-cassidy-slurs-falls-forgets-during-concert-sparking-a...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Cassidy slurs, falls, forgets during concert

I just can't feel sorry for the guy.  He's had a good run in the entertainment business and he's been an alcoholic for decades though he can get the help he needs.  I think he has tried at least twice.  Maybe he has a death wish.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
The other night watch Network. Couldn't get over William Holden! Oh He looked ravenged from decades alcoholism & smoking. Wasn't long after he fell getting out of bed hit his head and died.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A chip off the old block.  Unfortunately.

Jack

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I just can't feel sorry for the guy.  He's had a good run in the entertainment business and he's been an alcoholic for decades though he can get the help he needs.  I think he has tried at least twice.  Maybe he has a death wish.

@Puzzle Piece

Just get help?   Really?  

Alcoholism is a disease, and even if a person "gets help" doesn't mean they can be sober for the rest of their lives, no big deal.   For many people, it's a horrific struggle ... every single day.  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the pic.  I didn'r realize David looked so much like his father.

Honored Contributor

If it was just as easy as getting help, there would be no drug ,or alcohol ,or weight ,problems at all

I don't think people are like this because they want to be.

Honored Contributor

People who criticize those who have problems with alcohol or drugs have had one of two things happen in their lives, they have a family member or someone they are close to who who've suffered with these diseases and 1)they take it personally and think it's about THEM or 2)they've never seen up close the devestation and pain these diseases cause for everyone.

Most people have been touched by this is some way.  Some more than others.  There's a very find line the loved one has to walk when dealing with someone with this disease.  It's difficult not to be drawn in and become an enabler in one's quest to show empathy.

I have had several family members with this disease.  My own Father who raised me was a functioning alcoholic.  Should I say and feel what some have said here?

It's true the person has to help themselves.  However, it doesn't do any good to cast them out of our lives and condem them.

I have always gone by the phrase, "Judge not...unless you will be judged".  Like some people have no time for those with these diseases, I say "I don't waste my time surrounding myself with those who condem, while not offering help."  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  there is an old saying, Lord let my words be sweet ,for someday I may be forced to eat them