Regular Contributor

David Cassidy Reveals He is Battling Dementia

David Cassidy has revealed he is battling dementia. How sad....God bless him...

Trusted Contributor

Re: David Cassidy Reveals He is Battling Dementia

Aw, that's very sad and hard to hear.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/david-cassidy-reveals-dementia-article-1.2977647

One of my favorite teen idols and I was lucky enough to see him in-concert once during the 80s.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, his alcoholism could have caused early onset dementia.  His dad, Jack, was also a drinker, and I remember his untimely and unfortunate demise.

Honored Contributor

A terribly difficult diagnosis. I hope he has loving family to surround him now.

Honored Contributor

David Cassidy Reveals He’s Living With Dementia The former “Partridge Family” star went public with his diagnosis days after a performance that left many concerned for his well-being.
DAVID LIVINGSTON VIA GETTY IMAGES

Former “Partridge Family” star David Cassidy says he’s living with dementia. 

The 66-year-old opened up to People magazine about his diagnosis, telling the magazine the disease runs in his family, as his grandfather and mother had also been diagnosed with dementia

“I was in denial, but a part of me always knew this was coming,” he told People.

Cassidy’s decision to go public with his diagnosis follows a performance on Saturday night in Agoura, California, where he slurred his words, forgot the lyrics to his songs, hit himself in the face with a microphone and fell backwards off stage. 

Cassidy announced earlier this month that he was retiring after 50 years in show business. He explained to People that he made the decision to retire so he could concentrate on himself and his health. 

“I want to focus on what I am, who I am and how I’ve been without any distractions,” he said. “I want to love. I want to enjoy life.”

Respected Contributor

It's a horrible horrible thing and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Respected Contributor

i believe he has referred to his sadness in seeing his mother battle with the same awful thing. prayers up.

Honored Contributor

It's such a pity. I am so sorry for him

Esteemed Contributor

I'm saddened to hear this.He was my first teen crush when I was 14.I've been a fan ever since.

He inherited his father's talent as well as his addiction to alcohol!! Now he's inherited dementia from his mom!!.I remember how devoted he was to his mother until her death a few years ago.He is so young still!! What a shame!!

I hope he has a loving support system!!  For all the joy he has brought to others I hope he can experience some of it himself & finally find some inner peace!! 

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze Please, don't say that. It doesn't matter. It is a horrible disease. No one asks for it or deserves it.