Respected Contributor

Re: David Cassidy Reveals He is Battling Dementia

So sad!  I was more of a Shaun Cassidy girl but loved David on the Partridge Family too.  Terrible news but especially so young.  I wish him the best.

Respected Contributor

Wow this is sad to read. I used to have a crush on him watching the Partridge Family show. I met him 10 years ago and he reeked of alcohol and was drunk. I felt sorry I even met him in person like that and now am sadder to hear he has dementia at a young age. 

Trusted Contributor

Sad.  I used to love the Partridge Family show.

I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of

I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for.

Gosh, I thought I was so cool singing that song.

And their velvet outfits with the ruffles, loved it !  Heart

Honored Contributor

I guess he needs the money because I don't know why he'd subject himself to this embarrassment otherwise.  It's sad to see him like this.  He should be with family and not worrying about anything.  Just too bad.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I guess he needs the money because I don't know why he'd subject himself to this embarrassment otherwise.  It's sad to see him like this.  He should be with family and not worrying about anything.  Just too bad.

People with dementia are not aware they are embarrassing themselves.

He said he will no longer be making appearances.

Respected Contributor

He's only 66! I hope he has a loving, patient support team of family and professionals who will help him through this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Tragically might have been prevented. Alcoholism effects mind and body. This isn't my opinion, Scientific research proved. Even after stopping, High rate of diabetes along with life threatening diseases.
Super Contributor

As someone said, I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy. It is horrible, horrible, horrible, for the person and their loved ones. Not sure how someone can think he is saying this 'for money' when he apparently also said he won't be doing any more shows. I highly doubt 'he's doing this for money'. If anything I am glad he is bringing more attention to this dreadful disease, so people can learn more and more research and preventive measures (if possible) can be found. 

All of that aside, when George Michael passed away, I ran across a blurb about a song that George did with David Cassidy back in the early 80's. George did backing vocals (which are not noticeable until halfway thourgh the song). I think the song was called 'Last Kiss'. Sorry, just randomness. Just so sad that these gifted idols and icons meet such unfortunate circumstances, be it of their own doing or not. And, of course, incredibly unfortunate for anyone battling this disease, as well as drugs addiction, alcoholism, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

David's mother passed away 4 or 5 years ago from dementia.