Respected Contributor

Has anyone caught this show?  The 'tricks' he does are just baffling, mind blowing, freak your freak out unbelievable.

I'm always intrigued by magicians I see on TV, but the things he did were out of this world.  I know he's been at it a long time, and I imagine he's one - if not the - very best in the world.

If you have a chance to catch this, I'm not sure if it is a show, or some specials that were filmed, but it is on National Geographic channel. 

He actually caught a bullet in his mouth, once during rehearsal, and then once during his Las Vegas show.  Although he was 'OK' afterwards because of the mouth protection he had, he never performed the trick again. 

But all sorts of other astounding tricks that he performed, really makes one wonder.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: David Blaine on NG Channel

@jellyBEAN -

I recently watched an old episode of I think it was Diagnosis Murder, with a magician who performed this bullet in the mouth trick.

He described how it is done but also how things could go wrong.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I have seen David Blaine perform his magic and he truly is amazing.  I think he levitates..  I would love to know his secrets!

Honored Contributor

I prefer the fun magicians over the scary ones and David Blaine falls more into the scary category for me. He's very good at what he does, but a bit more intense than I prefer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

In the special, one of Blaine's friends asked him why he just doesn't do magical card tricks for his audience and make a ton of dough and be happy with that.

He does do some crazy card tricks in the special, but said he wouldn't be happy doing that.  He needs the adrenaline rush of the dangerous tricks as well.

He spoke a little about the bullet 'trick' and how it has been performed by maybe 19 or so magicians over the years.  There are two ways to do it - 1 is the 'trick' way and the 2nd is the 'real' way (which is the way he claims he did it).  I think he said there were only 1 or 2 other magicians that performed it the real way and they had a better outcome than the ones who performed it the trick way.  Interesting.

He also talked about this other magician that could hold an aquarium in his stomach - frogs and fish and the like.  So he talked about the gag reflex and how to overcome that, so he trained in sword swallowing.  Sure enough he eventually was able to perform this aquarium trick by holding frogs in his stomach and bringing them up into glasses of water.  It was just wild.  The reactions people had were about what you'd xpect - ????How'd he do that????Not to mention the gross out factor.  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing