Honored Contributor

Re: David Birney - Bridget Loves Bernie

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Meredith claimed he was very abusive to her and she was afraid of him. She said when she was doing Family Ties, Michael Gross, her hubby on the show would offer to drive her home and go in with her to make sure she was safe. She divorced him not too much later. We never know what goes on behind closed doors. They seemed like the perfect Hollywood couple. 

@Shelbelle  I thought she left him for a woman.

He was very handsome but only 5'7" with a very slight build so not my type. I like big and burly! He was in a really good Murder She Wrote --about the House of Borby where people thought he was a vampire. It was a hoot!

I remember Bridget Loves Bernie; it was good. Thank for the news @twinsister, although my sister let me know first by text this time.

She did marry a woman.

Honored Contributor

I think she married 2 more men after Birney, before batting for the other team.

Remember her Mom was Whitney Blake, the Mrs. on Hazel. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

When I watch credits on some of the old shows Whitney Blakes name pops up.  Not sure if she was a director or producer.  I will pay attention next time.

David Birney was really popular, he was a guest on so many shows. He was very cute.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Meridith is married to Nancy Locke.

Honored Contributor

We lose so many to that insidious disease. I remember him from a Murder, She Wrote episode.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline - Meredith BB was great as Betty Broderick - she was obsessed with her ex-husband and new wife.  I remember one scene where she drove her car into their house!

@Pearlee - That MSW Borbey House episode is one of my favorites!  I try to watch whenever it is on,    I know your type, so David Birney doesn't compare to David J. - HaHa!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Judaline - Meredith BB was great as Betty Broderick - she was obsessed with her ex-husband and new wife.  I remember one scene where she drove her car into their house!

@Pearlee - That MSW Borbey House episode is one of my favorites!  I try to watch whenever it is on,    I know your type, so David Birney doesn't compare to David J. - HaHa!!

@twinsister  😂 You got that  right about DB and 😍 DJ! 

Glad you like the Borbey House MSW too. I always watch it when it'on also. There are some funny lines from sheriff  Mort trying to convince people Birney isn't a vampire. 😄

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

He was handsome but he also had a way about him that was very appealing. I think he was a marvellous actor.

@BoopOMatic  Yes, he was charming. And boyish in a way.

He was indeed of Irish background, playing a Jewish guy in Bridget Loves Bernie.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

If by David J you are referring to David Janssen, then I totally concur.  I was in love with him when I was probably 12 yrs. old.  Tall, dark and handsome is my type, too!

Respected Contributor

He was such a handsome man. 

I was pretty young when Bridget Loves Birney came out, but I remember it was a cute show and I liked it.