Super Contributor

Re: Dateline tonight 4/22 - Sherri Papini case

@chrystaltree agree it sounded ridiculous then too, but after hearing the ex's story (per the detectives), it sounds even dumber if that is possible. 

I also wasn't sure about the husband. I was hoping they would've played some of his interview from back then. But then again, the less they show of him, the better for the kids.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think she has some psychiatric illness that led to her scheme but she knew right from wrong and she had countless opportunities to come clean.  

@chrystaltree  I don't believe that for one minute.  I can't see a "phychiatric illness" pop up all of a sudden then disappear.  Why didn't this "psychiatric illness" show up sooner?   It appeared she had a "normal" childhood, a wonderful made in heaven marriage.  Not one person ie:  family, friends & people that just knew her all "glorified" her. rolleyes.gif

What I gather from Dateline is she knew how to manipulate people especially men & was good at it.  Even the police "initially."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I fell asleep towards the end. Did it state who branded her. She could not have done that  herself.  The boyfriend had to have been involved even though he said he was not. 

Trusted Contributor

@lenapecci It seems to me that Sherri is a sociopath & knew how to play the men in her life to her benefit.  & my remembrance from the Dateline show was that the boyfriend branded her at her insistence.  

Honored Contributor

The boyfriend also hit her with hockey pucks at her direction, probably off of a hockey stick.  I'll say one thing, she has an amazing tolerance for pain.

Trusted Contributor

@colleena @Thank you 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sherri's mother told the police that Sherri was accusing her of physical injuries which were self-inflicted by Sherri herself when she was a young girl living at home. That was a sign of what was to come. I think there's more to the story about Sherri's family background and how she was raised. Normal kids don't act like that.