Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dateline tonight 10:00 est/9:00 cst

At first, I thought he killed them - but after hearing  and seeing all the other evidence, I do not think the boy is guilty of killing them.  JMO

Honored Contributor

'Gee', that's a tough case.

I was 'half asleep' while watching, but knowing myself, I'd have to vote not guilty (unless there was definite preponderance of physical evidence).

Well, maybe I missed more than I thought.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The more I watch these type of shows, the more I question them.

Over a year ago, I watched a Dateline type (or maybe it was Dateline) episode. It was about a woman in her 30s who was killed in New England. And during the hour, the show went through the story from beginning to end of this murder case. And I came up with my opinion about the person that was charged with her murder.

Then I happened to catch another Dateline Type show months later. I am sitting there watching it and thought I watched a show about this murder before. But the second show did not give all the details that were presented in the first show. And after watching that show I questioned whether the person was guilty.

So I guess it is just like some trials. Sometimes evidence can not be presented during the trial for one reason or another. 

Trusted Contributor

Was Madison handcuffed the entire time? I kept dozing off. If so how could he commit the murders.

I did not see any mention of the test for gun powser residue.

I am not sure he did it,  

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Was Madison handcuffed the entire time? I kept dozing off. If so how could he commit the murders.

I am not sure he did it,  

@lenapecci   Yes, they said he was handcuffed when the police came to the house.  The police think he got out of the handcuffs, killed his parents, and put them back on.  That doesn't make sense to me.  I don't think he did it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I am not sure he did it,  

I thought the same thing about them not testing for GSR and also for prints on the gun. I also never heard them mention where the gun was found in relation to the bodies at the scene. Maybe it's just because it is such a small town and they just didn't do it, but you would have thought somebody would have surely thought to have printed the gun handle. 

Honored Contributor

@susielong wrote:

@lenapecci wrote:

I am not sure he did it,  

I thought the same thing about them not testing for GSR and also for prints on the gun. I also never heard them mention where the gun was found in relation to the bodies at the scene. Maybe it's just because it is such a small town and they just didn't do it, but you would have thought somebody would have surely thought to have printed the gun handle. 

@susielong   They did test the gun for fingerprints.  I believe they said they only found one smudged print.  I kept waiting for them to say something about gun powder residue, but that was never mentioned.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau