Honored Contributor

Re: Dateline October 4, Susan Powell Case

@Moonlady Thanks, I knew I remembered it wrong.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan's father in law & husband make my skin crawl...it's a crying shame she didn't grab their sons, get out of that awful disgusting situation & divorce him. No question her husband murdered her & it's maddening that he was allowed visitation so he had the opportunity to murder their sons too. I respect the SIL for helping the police by wearing a wire, she knew her brother murdered his wife. I wish they could find Susan's body, everyone who knew the location is dead now...maybe some day she'll be found.

Esteemed Contributor

I always felt there was a level of perverse dysfunction prevalent in that ENTIRE family. My heart bleeds whenever this story is in the news. Those poor innocent little ones.💔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

So sad.  The father-in-law was so creepy.  I don't understand how she could have stayed in that relationship, but I guess they would have tracked her down if she had left.  

I didn't quite follow the part where the social worker was taking the kids to see the father.  Was it supposed to be a supervised visit?  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan Yes but I think Josh grabbed the boys & slammed the door on the Social Worker.

Did they ever say where Josh's mother was (Steve's wife)?  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember hearing abt this case. It's difficult to  watch shows that provide such bizarre behavior by people, however it makes you more conscious that there are some really evil people in this world and one needs not to be so naive .  It was so so wrong that these 2 children of Susan Cox Powell had to die , esp  what their father did to them with that hatchet  before they died .

From Wikipedia

" The Cox family also sued Washington's Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), claiming that the agency prioritized Joshua's parental rights over the safety of the boys and facilitated their deaths. While a lower court initially ruled against the Coxes, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed this ruling and allowed the case to proceed to trial in January 2019. Susan's family also pressured state lawmakers in Washington and Utah to pass a bill that would restrict or block visitation rights for parents being investigated for murder. "

Honored Contributor

Those poor little boys' and Susan.. 

there aren't flames hot enough for the likes of Josh Powell..

See the source image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@4kitties     everyone involved is dead now... Joel, the children, Joel's father and Susan.  Only her parents have to live with the great loss of the grand children and  their daughter.  I doubt they will ever know where Susan's body is..... no one is left alive who could answer that.  So sad... such a sad ending with the death of the two little boys.  All could have been prevented if Washington State Child protective services did their job and did not allow Joel to have the children...... THAT IS WHO IS TO BLAME. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

So sad.  The father-in-law was so creepy.  I don't understand how she could have stayed in that relationship, but I guess they would have tracked her down if she had left.  

I didn't quite follow the part where the social worker was taking the kids to see the father.  Was it supposed to be a supervised visit?  

@wildcat fan     Yes it was!  Joel slammed the door in her face and locked her out....He took a hatchet to the boys... and lit gasoline cans to blow up the house.  She called 911 but it was too late..... 

Regular Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Oh my gosh, I am so very creeped out by her father in law, Steve.  Anyone else watching this?  I remember reading about it but did not know all of the details.  

Yes,I thought I knew alot about this case but the awfulness of that FIL totally shocked me! He & the son Josh can only be described as evil. So terribly sad for those little boys & their Mommy!