Respected Contributor

DH and I just finished watching on the DVR.  Neither of us felt he was guilty. 

While I enjoyed the part near the end, the very ending brought tears to both of our eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Thank goodness for Pete's family always supporting his fight for justice. And the new District Attorney to create the department to investigate potential wrongful convictions. 
Also his boss in prison and her husband who was his correction guidance officer. They believed in him and told him about the new department. 

I too was crying at the end. 

Respected Contributor

I had this recorded on the DVR & watched it this evening.  It was sad.  I wonder if his family are suing those responsible for bungling the investigation so badly  & depriving him & them of so many years of his life & freedom?

The guilty woman's daughter seemed like she was high or something.

Respected Contributor

I just finished watching it.  So tragic.  I have less confidence in our judicial system every day..

Trusted Contributor

I just watched this Sunday. What a completely unexpected ending and how awful. Can someone answer a question for me? What was the new evidence about regarding finding a bullet in the pillow? Why did that change things?  I didn’t understand how 4 bullets vs 3 made the difference. 

Trusted Contributor

@Teddie I believe during her call to her mother she said that Pete hit her husband in the head with something. Then shot him. 

When Pete's second attorney was going through the photos again the head wound looked more like a graze from a bullet. As they were going through the rest of the photos he saw something in the pillow which turned out to be the 4th bullet. Which showed he was not hit in the head prior to being shot.    

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for that explanation @lenapecci.  That makes more sense now. Although you’d think with her meticulous planning all the way up to the shooting that she’d been more careful. I thought the investigator’s comment was right on about her taking the time to call her mother instead of 911. Great point. 

I love these mysteries and the fact finding to get to the end. It’s heartbreaking when they get it wrong though.