Trusted Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Dateline Friday 2/14 👍🏾

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

I missed the Dateline special.  Are there other members in the cult? 

@GrailSeeker 

You can watch the special on Dateline's website as well as on On Demand.

Yes there are other members of the cult.

This cult believes that every person on the planet will go up in flames on July xx of this year.  I forgot the exact day.

Only believers (of the cult's religion?) will go up to heaven and/or will be sitting on the right hand side of God.  Until July, the cult's main job is to convert as many folks as they can to their "beliefs/religion."

Thanks for this.

I really think there might be a chance these children are with other cult members.  If it is an LDS off-shoot, I can just about guarantee that polygamy is involved.  The girl is of prime marrying age.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@GrailSeeker 

This cult believes that every person on the planet will go up in flames on July xx of this year.  I forgot the exact day.

Only believers (of the cult's religion?) will go up to heaven and/or will be sitting on the right hand side of God.  Until July, the cult's main job is to convert as many folks as they can to their "beliefs/religion."

Thanks for this.

I really think there might be a chance these children are with other cult members.  If it is an LDS off-shoot, I can just about guarantee that polygamy is involved.  The girl is of prime marrying age.  

@GrailSeeker   If you had watched the show I think you would realize that this is not an LDS off-shoot.  The Mormon church completely disagrees with all of this.  The mother told someone that she thought what will happen on that day in July would be too much for her children.  She said something to the effect that maybe they should die before then so they didn't have to go through it.  

I do not believe they are with any other members of the cult.  I also imagine that law enforcement has thoroughly looked into that as a possibility.  There was absolutely no mention or insinuation of polygamy as a belief of the cult.  It seems to be solely based on the end of the earth.  I'm not sure it would even be called a cult.  The man that the mother married started a podcast about his Doomsday theory.

If her children were alive it is very strange that she got rid of all of their possessions soon after they disappeared.  She threw out a lot of them, took some of them to a storage place and then got rid of them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@GrailSeeker 

Thanks for this.

@GrailSeeker   If you had watched the show I think you would realize that this is not an LDS off-shoot.  The Mormon church completely disagrees with all of this.  The mother told someone that she thought what will happen on that day in July would be too much for her children.  She said something to the effect that maybe they should die before then so they didn't have to go through it.  

I do not believe they are with any other members of the cult.  I also imagine that law enforcement has thoroughly looked into that as a possibility.  There was absolutely no mention or insinuation of polygamy as a belief of the cult.  It seems to be solely based on the end of the earth.  I'm not sure it would even be called a cult.  The man that the mother married started a podcast about his Doomsday theory.

If her children were alive it is very strange that she got rid of all of their possessions soon after they disappeared.  She threw out a lot of them, took some of them to a storage place and then got rid of them.

I've been trying to access the program today, but it is not playing.  I'm wondering if they've taken it down. 

If you can find Chad Daybell's website, there are books that he has written and it is LDS. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@GrailSeeker 

Thanks for this.

I've been trying to access the program today, but it is not playing.  I'm wondering if they've taken it down. 

If you can find Chad Daybell's website, there are books that he has written and it is LDS. 

@GrailSeeker   Chad Daybell is/was LDS, but LDS does not agree with or condone in any way his doomsday prophecies.  I watched the Dateline episode and have also read and watched a lot about this.  He was kicked out of the Mormon church.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@GrailSeeker 

Thanks for this.

@GrailSeeker   Chad Daybell is/was LDS, but LDS does not agree with or condone in any way his doomsday prophecies.  I watched the Dateline episode and have also read and watched a lot about this.  He was kicked out of the Mormon church.

That's why I originally said "if it is an offshoot of LDS".  When I saw the various places they had been to, "Idaho, Arizona, Texas, Hawaii, possibly headed to Mexico", I had a good idea that it was.

I understand that the mainstream LDS church no longer offically recognizes many doctrines that were original church teachings, based on official church prophecies, and changed their position on such teachings as they became no longer politically correct.  Not being allowed statehood if they continued to make polygamy part of their religious doctrine is just one of those teachings. 

The LDS church has a very short history, beginning in the 1800s, so all of this has been well documented over the last 175 years. 

I am in Illinois, and the events of those times are part of local history, so I have studied it off and on over the last 30 years, and tend to pay close attention to such cases as Elizabeth Smart and the Warren Jeffs cult. 

If you had a deep religious belief, changed by the laws of the U. S. government, would you abandon those beliefs?  Many did not, and the practice of polygamy (linked at the time as similar to slavery) has never died out entirely in certain LDS communities. 

You are correct, polygamy thus far has not been mentioned in this case; but there is something going on with Lori's niece, who also left her husband around the same time.  He has their children, and says someone took a shot at him around this same time - according to Inside Edition.

Inside Edition, in addition to NBC News, has done quite a bit of investigation concerning this case.  Here is one link and there are additional reports found on their website. 

https://www.insideedition.com/private-investigator-shares-new-details-on-missing-idaho-kids-cousin-f...

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker  "I've been trying to access the program today, but it is not playing.  I'm wondering if they've taken it down."

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GrailSeeker  "I've been trying to access the program today, but it is not playing.  I'm wondering if they've taken it down."

Will it play for you?

I was on the same site yesterday.  The little screen says now playing, but there is no sound and no video in the large screen area.

I used Facebook to sign in and followed the directions.  

Trusted Contributor

I still can't access Dateline, even after logging in with my DISH account, but Daily Mail also has a significant amount of information with no problems with the video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7821133/Family-missing-children-7-17-disappeared-September-...

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker          "I used Facebook to sign in"

Why would you do that?  I am not a member of FB so I have no clue why anyone would have to go through them to watch a video from another website.  The video link I provided is directily from Dateline's website.

If you cannot play or open the link, switch browsers.  Make sure your browser(s) are/is up to date & you have the latest version of Flash Player.  That is if using a computer.

I have never had any issues playing videos and/or opening them as I am using a computer.  If the link works for me it should work for everyone else if on a computer. 

I cannot comment on mobile devices (iOS) as I do not own any.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Will it play for you?

I was on the same site yesterday.  The little screen says now playing, but there is no sound and no video in the large screen area.

I used Facebook to sign in and followed the directions.  

@GrailSeeker   I clicked on the link.  It takes you directly to NBC, and the video starts playing immediately.  It doesn't ask you to sign in.

-Henry David Thoreau