Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Dateline Friday 2/14 👍🏾

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Isn't there an LDS or Jehovah's Witness aspect to this mystery? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

dee

Doomsday cult

@Mz iMac @deedledeedeedle  LDS/Mormons. But the guy thinks's he's got special powers/knowledge and she and others believe him, so what they're doing is sort of cultish. 

I missed the bit about the guy named Brandon who was shot at. What is his connection?  Also, how did Alex (the brother) die?  I missed that part too. 

I hope the woman's friend in Hawaii who was talking to Dateline has good security. 

When Charles (the husband) was killed I thought, "How hard is it to check the baseball bat for DNA to see if he really did strike Alex?" Since Alex claimed self defense. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac, I watched this Dateline last night, and already knew a little about the story of the children missing and that the mother would not cooperate!   I just cannot understand why some law enforcement in one the states cannot do anything about this, I doubt the LE in Hawaii will do anything, it is very disheartening and from what I saw, the children must be dead, so very, very sad!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched, but fell asleep for a while.  Does anyone know who the birth parents of JJ were?  I woke up to the Grandparents saying all of a sudden they had a Grandchild, so did not hear who the birth parents were, but that Laurie and Charles told them they wanted to adopt him, so the Grandparents let him go with them.  Since Charles was the Grandmother's brother, he could not be the Father as then JJ would have been their Nephew, not Grandchild.

I don't understand why they havn't been arrested by now, so obvious they are serial killers.  The fact that they were ordered to produce the children, and they did not, seems would be enough to arrest them.  Seeing the photo album said it all, the kids are dead by their hands, and she did not want any reminders that they once lived, heartbreaking.

It sure looked like a body was being carried out in the video at the storage unit, looked like legs hanging over Chad's arms.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I have been following this case. The mother got a storage unit and filled it with the kids items. The mother in Hawaii had her daughter's cell phone. The mother tried to sell her son's service dog but got caught and returned the dog. I want to see how the police handle this case.

@Nancy Drew   Returned the dog to who, the place whre the dog originally came from?

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Isn't there an LDS or Jehovah's Witness aspect to this mystery? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

dee

Doomsday cult

@Mz iMac @deedledeedeedle  LDS/Mormons. But the guy thinks's he's got special powers/knowledge and she and others believe him, so what they're doing is sort of cultish. 

I missed the bit about the guy named Brandon who was shot at. What is his connection?  Also, how did Alex (the brother) die?  I missed that part too. 

I hope the woman's friend in Hawaii who was talking to Dateline has good security. 

When Charles (the husband) was killed I thought, "How hard is it to check the baseball bat for DNA to see if he really did strike Alex?" Since Alex claimed self defense. 

@esmerelda   Supposedly, tests are underway as to Alex's death, and Chad's first wife Tammy, must have been injected with something. by the serial killers.

Valued Contributor

If there was a court order to produce the children, and that timeline came and .......NOTHING (!!!)  why are those two (can’t bring myself to call them “parents) not being held in contempt??? And I hate to even think what was in those heavy bags being moved out of that storage unit! The fact that baby albums were the only things left behind, along with the kids’ bikes, when the storage fees were not paid, another MASSIVE red flag. I hope every agency working this case gathers enough evidence to put them both away forever, but I also hope they have eyes on them AT ALL TIMES until then. Their despicable, never ending  HONEYMOON needs to come to an end NOW. 

Sending prayers to those beautiful children and their loved ones. 🙏🏻💔🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla   There have been convictions made when there is no body due to the mountain of circumstantial evidence, and I think there is enough to prosecute these serial killers.  It should be taken before the Grand Jury and let it decide.

Honored Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@Mz iMac  The grandparents are only the grandparents to JJ and they are the ones who were pushing to find out what happened to him. I think that is why they focused so much on JJ. They did mentioned the little girl often and talked to her Aunt but the grandparents have been on the news more and have gotten the publicity out about this. 

There is a lot of news about this locally because there is an Arizona connection.

I also wonder why the mother has not been arrested. Can't she be charged with not complying with a court order?

@azgal   I didn't hear mention of who the birth parent to JJ were, did you?  It had to be their child's baby, but didn't hear.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like to judge anyone, but I know that if I had been caring for a Grandchild, I would fall in love and would not be able to let go.  They could still have worked, now they are living to regret it.

My parents divorced when I was three, so my Mother worked all day, and went to college at night, and she was an older mom, don't know how she did it, but one does what one must.

Frequent Contributor

They quickly made the comment that the grandmother's son had JJ, and was unable to care for him, was how they stated it. Gma and Gpa took JJ in at first but it was too difficult on them as they had a business to run. Lori wanted to adopt him and the grandparents thought it was a good idea.

Hey all you Keith Morrison fans. He lives in the Newport or Laguna Beach area of CA. I was visiting my son last year who lived in Costa Mesa at the time. We went to Fashion Island (Newport Beach) to an eatery and guess who was walking out as we waited!! Keith Morrison. I spontaniously blurted out, "Hi Keith," and he very nicely said hello to a group of us waiting to be seated. He was very recognizable to several of us. I was thrilled!!