Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Dateline Friday 2/14 👍🏾

I have been following this case. The mother got a storage unit and filled it with the kids items. The mother in Hawaii had her daughter's cell phone. The mother tried to sell her son's service dog but got caught and returned the dog. I want to see how the police handle this case.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Hey, I've been thinking and saying the same...........Rehashes of previous episodes.  

And I've asked the same:  Could it be that there aren't many, or even some, new-ish (or even old-ish) m*rders to report in the US?  

'I don't get it'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@lenapecci  I agree with you.After the court order to produce the children has come and gone,why can't she be arrested? What kills me is they don't even offer up any reason for the children's disappearance. How do they get to keep getting away with that? Ugh..so frustrating for their family.

Honored Contributor

It looked like Dateline actually did investigating in this case, unlike I. D.'s People Investgates series when People Mag doesn't investigate but works off what the police have done.

The police should not arrest yet until they have enough evidence of murder to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. They want the bodies I'm sure. You only get one chance at a murder conviction due to double jeopardy.
Honored Contributor

I did not like the fact that the "grandparents," & the other family members were more focused/concerned on finding "J.J." than his 17 yr old missing sister.  The 17 yr old sister was just touched on in the first 15 minutes of this 2 hour show.

Dateline should have been titled "Where is J.J.?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac. JJ was adopted by the woman suspect and her dead ex husband and was the one who was a blood relative of the grandparents. The daughter was not.
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac  The grandparents are only the grandparents to JJ and they are the ones who were pushing to find out what happened to him. I think that is why they focused so much on JJ. They did mentioned the little girl often and talked to her Aunt but the grandparents have been on the news more and have gotten the publicity out about this. 

There is a lot of news about this locally because there is an Arizona connection.

I also wonder why the mother has not been arrested. Can't she be charged with not complying with a court order?

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

I started watching it, then the story got too convoluted, I got confused and that was the end of it for me...lol!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19   You are so right about rehashing old shows....It's so irritating. And like you....there are not enough bad things going on that they have to remake old shows?

....I think they are trying to be thrifty...but I hope it backfires on them, because I just don't watch those remake shows.  I hope their ratings reflect our views.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
It looked like Dateline actually did investigating in this case, unlike I. D.'s People Investgates series when People Mag doesn't investigate but works off what the police have done.

The police should not arrest yet until they have enough evidence of murder to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. They want the bodies I'm sure. You only get one chance at a murder conviction due to double jeopardy.

That is why so many people get away with murder. Unless the Police are able to come up with direct concrete evidence the DA will not take the case.

In the City of Philadelphia for example - "The killers who committed 60 percent of the homicides examined in 2018 remain on the loose. The homicide clearance rate is how police refer to the number of murder investigations that result in arrests."

That is the arrest rate. Going to court and getting a conviction for the homicide is another story all together.